spot light

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

Reaction score
Has anyone modified a pulpit to move the anchor back a foot or so to allow a spot light in front of the anchor. I have tried several ways to stop the glare from the rails. I know this would cut a slot for the anchor to stay under the pulpit.

It needs to go on top of the rail. Your way will get torn off with ground tackle.

I suggest Go Light 2020....Buy it from a 4X4 shop.....It will be cheaper.

mount it on the top of the rail works great

go to larson electronics they come in 3 sizes just ge the one that fits

Bar Clamp Mount for Permanent & Magnetic Mount Lights & Devices - 1.5 - 2.5" Diameter

BC-1-LRG

Part # BC-1-LRG Price: $94.50

Spec Sheet

Dimensions Manual

Save
Made in the USA

Heavy duty aluminum bar clamping system that enables owners of vehicles, heavy equipment and boats to mount lights or other equipment to square or round tubes, bars or rails. The adjustable clamping system cinches to size around rails of different diameters and can handle payloads to 40 pounds under extreme vibration.

Click Here for a Step-by-Step Process on the Installation of the BC-1 Mount

The bar clamp mount is made from al

I put a 10" rigid light bar on top of the rail of the pulpit, purchased the "over-priced" mounting brackets from rigid, but that allowed me to get it mounted without too much hassle. One bracket on either side of the rail....no glare.

I certainly love these new rigid LED light bars, I put one on my zero turn mower, lol. But for mounting on a Boat as a navigation aid, I would go with something like the 2020 Wart mentioned or some other type of remote controlled light that is able to adjust position with a remote. At least where I run, you need to be able to move the light to spot next channel markers and other times shoreline etc... JMO.

This is what I did to stop glare, especially with the popular West Coast (tall) bow rail. On my 2016 I had a single remote Go-light mounted front centerline on the roof that threw a terrible glare on the pulpit. On my 2017 2820 I bit the bullet and mounted a remote controlled Go-light on each front corner of the roof. Yes 2x the cost, but zero problems now with glare, 2x the light, and comforting to know I have redundancy in the event of a failure. I think my next purchase will be a FLIR, should have done it when I purchased the boat.

I'll get some pics next time I'm at the boat. While you can sync them to operate in tandom off a single remote, I kept them separate so I can position each as needed. Thanks

shawnee83":f1b9cm8a said:
I certainly love these new rigid LED light bars, I put one on my zero turn mower, lol. But for mounting on a Boat as a navigation aid, I would go with something like the 2020 Wart mentioned or some other type of remote controlled light that is able to adjust position with a remote. At least where I run, you need to be able to move the light to spot next channel markers and other times shoreline etc... JMO.

Agreed, I also have a remote controlled spot light for this purpose. Primarily use the rigid when I'm navigating a nasty inlet in the dark....I like seeing what's coming..

Back