Halo Boat Pedestal Seat Shock/Suspension..... any updates

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deshet1980

Reaction score
I was using the search feature to find answer to my seat mounting question and i saw this post about the Halo Boat Pedestal Seat. Do you guys that own the system have any updates of the quailty? Are the Pedestals still holding up well? Did the company ever mass produce this a google search does turn up anything.

Thanks,

the link to the Post back in 2009 is below
http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=7379

I ordered one well over a year ago. They took my credit card info and never shipped the unit. Made several calls and was promised that they were working on the unit for me. They never charged by card and never shipped it to me. I got tired of calling. (Not gonna beg someone to do business with me).

lklandpier":3eejee7n said:
I ordered one well over a year ago. They took my credit card info and never shipped the unit. Made several calls and was promised that they were working on the unit for me. They never charged by card and never shipped it to me. I got tired of calling. (Not gonna beg someone to do business with me).
That's too bad - for them and the boating publc. I have a prototype unit that works slick! I thought it to be a good design and at a grat price option to compared to other designs.

It would be one thing if they gave up on the boating segment, but to do so without annoucement or some reponse ... unlike what happended to you, is just poor business. I know the owner/chief designer passed away, so that and the economy probably led to a redirection to their core business units, but ...

lklandpier":2ojpeazs said:
Yep, it's a bummer. I thought it was a great price. I was looking forward to having it in my boat.

Like I said, (if you read my posts on the subject), just go buy the Seaspension. Proven company, Proven product.

I'm not sure if this is permissible, but given the topic on pricing and shock-mitigating products mentioned, I'd like to take this opportunity to let the Parker community know that Seaspension has lowered its retail pricing by $200. It went down to $595 MSRP for a single pedestal which is easily installed to replace your existing rigid pedestal and provides years of comfort and safety being seated while boating.

Peter's Post":17y3lnze said:
I'm not sure if this is permissible, but given the topic on pricing and shock-mitigating products mentioned, I'd like to take this opportunity to let the Parker community know that Seaspension has lowered its retail pricing by $200. It went down to $595 MSRP for a single pedestal which is easily installed to replace your existing rigid pedestal and provides years of comfort and safety being seated while boating.

Peter, it's basically frowned upon. However, it's not like you are on the forum all time hawking your wares. You have been involved in the technical discussion related to the pedestal since the beginning and, given the fact that you are making this community of a price change, I don't think you will catch any grief. But...I've been wrong before :D

Besides, given the weather issues up in the northeast (where many Parker owners live), I think they are busy with more important things...

Hi, I bought one. It works fine, though I haven't spent much time in the helm seat yet.
The person that I was originally dealing with at Halo died. Which is probably why they didn't respond and stopped pursuing the market (my guess).
I purchased mine, there was some correspondence and then it stopped. I don't remember exactly what I was waiting for but I ended up talking to the guys brother who told me about his passing.
So, while I would generally agree with everyone that you shouldn't have to beg someone to do business with them, don't be too hard on him; he died.

Peter

Back