splash well board for 2002 23 se cc

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicknotsebastian

Reaction score
i'm planning to install a transom splashboard in my new to me 2002 23 se cc similar to me and have been searching around online for options. today i saw something on another 23 se along the lines i'd have imagined. i have not been able to find anything prefabricated like this. i have basic tools and skills, so i'm worried the long notch starboard cut (over the hatch) and overall edge finishing would be a challenge to get "right". otherwise, the rest of the project seems manageable.

does anyone have any suggestions on where to get the starboard (i'm guessing 3/4" think starboard ?) pre-cut to order if i have exact measurements and a diagram etc (?).

also, while i'm asking - best place to get the marine hardware similar to the pic/ i have found on eBay and a couple other places for reasonable prices, but i'm a fisherman, so any direction is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1543.pdf
    577.7 KB · Views: 177
That's what I've got on my 2120 - came that way new. West Marine has the hinges - they are called "pull apart hinge" but they must be made of gold because they are about $100 a piece. Remember not to get right-hand, left hand or they will lock together. You want two of the same type so you can slide it out when you don't want it in place. Also use a good sealant when you put the screws into your deck.

As to the cut out I suggest using a router if you have access to one. If you don't then use a skill saw to make the long cut and finish it off with a coping saw or hacksaw. Clamp a piece of wood to the starboard to act as a straight edge and run the foot of your skill saw up against the edge. Stop short of the final cut and finish with a hand saw.

Update:

After emailing [email protected] to ask about a splash guard, Robin Parker replied telling me "Fin Addict can product this part for you. http://www.finaddictmarine.com Brown Towles will be able to assist you [email protected]".

She was right. Brian was extremely helpful and very familiar with the part. Fin Addict are OEM producers for Parker. Their splash guard is most likely what I saw on the sister boat. They still had the schematics and could produce the part (the the same specs I'd guessed when I thought I'd be going "custom") including hardware and pre-drilled mounting holes - all delivered for less that I would have had to pay for the necessary piece of 3/4" thick Starboard just to get started!

I will update with pics when mounted. I'll include the pics of the other special modifications I've made to make the boat more wheelchair friendly. My brother is wheelchair bound.

She was right. Brian was extremely helpful ...sorry! TYPO! Autocorrect!!!!!

His name is BROWN. BROWN TOWLES

part arrived. all the hardware is mounted and the "side pieces" are counter sunk pre drilled! all i need to do is attach it to the boat! its exactly the same as the one i saw on the sister boat and first asked about. see the pic attached to the first post in this string. once i have mine attached, it'll look just like that...:)

will def post pictures once attached and some pics of other modifications that may be of interest.

one completed modification being the fixed livewell under the lean post was removed, the plumbing/pumps have been cleaned up and "capped" and the holes in the deck have been glassed over. a plain lean post was placed off-center (to port) to allow for a 30" wide (top to bottom) pass by/roll by to get to the console controls (so my brother can drive the boat). the livewell was replaced with self-contained portable that can be moved anywhere or just taken off completely when not needed.

also added permanent: a new thru hull ducer and sonar/ff, new gps, second back-up bilge pump direct to second battery (2 brand new batteries), and 2 saco bay reinforced (backing plate) vertical 360 swivel rod holders...:) more to come...new bow mounted cooler/ice box w/ seat cover, new icom/antenna...???

sorry. had moved the boat out to the Cape and forgot...:) been out another 50+ hours since installed, all great. a couple of big swell days (joaquin related) the it def stopped a couple of wet feet situations while drifting / jigging / fighting fish with 4 guys running from the bow to the stern and not paying attention...:)

Attachments

• IMG_1661.pdf
    555.2 KB · Views: 118
I just sent him and email too! I hope I get a reply.
The aft section of the cockpit is different from mine to yours but I'm sure they could do something for me.
I'm including a shot of another boat like mine.
My boat is a 1995.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 252
Back