Adding Rod Holders To A 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyk9

Reaction score
Anyone ever add flush mount rod holders in the transom of their 2320 in the spaces between the port and starboard transom hatches where they meet the center hatches?

Looks like there is enough room between and I am aware they would stick into the storage area in the back.

I have a 2310 I want to do the same thing I think I can fit one in the middle

I added these Lee rod holders to the rocket launcher.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 673
Have you tried the Seasucker mounts?

I use the 6" suction mount with 2 rod holders, and I secure this on the starboard side under the rear window. They hold very well, and this hold my net.

I can post a pic if that would help.

I ended up adding some rod holders last weekend, want to add some clamp on's to the rocket launcher as well.

- 1 one each side closer to the pilot house, 30 degree.
- 2 in the transom between the hatches, perfect fit. 15 degree.

For anyone interested these are the rod holders, for the price they are really nice. Same shape as the Parker rod holders, have the black inserts, closed bottom with drain, and a gimbal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ETJ ... ge_o01_s00

I made 15 & 30 degree jigs by following this site, and they were really easy to make, c clamps to hold them down while drilling worked perfect.

http://www.boatingmag.com/jig-cutting-rod-holder-holes

Attachments

• IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 669
  • IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 666
With a backing plate of some sort do you believe the transom location would be strong enough to troll 30 and 50 penn internationals?

Back