Filet Table

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePeterParker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking to gain some more space on the deck and saw this project Makoman had made so I decided to make something similar
71e8029b9600f6442c87e92dc696522a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now "That's" a fishing machine there! Good use of space. You could even benefit from the wasted space under the table (clearly enough room to open the cooler) by incorporating a drawer only a couple inches tall. Would hold lots of small tackle pieces, tools, etc.

I wonder about your preference of screws over glue for the pvc fittings. Is it the unsightly primer staining? One of the benefits to gluing is that your pipe sections between fittings will fully seat, once lubricated/melted via the primer/glue. Dry fittings only push together so far.

Also, how do you plan to anchor it down, or do you keep it loose in order to tilt the motor?

If you want to glue your fittings but don't want ugly purple primer streaks, prime with acetone and use clear PVC cement. Acetone will work just fine for your purposes.
The only reason primer is purple is to prove to building inspectors that the joint has been primed.

Jersey Jim":392kiu2x said:
Now "That's" a fishing machine there! Good use of space. You could even benefit from the wasted space under the table (clearly enough room to open the cooler) by incorporating a drawer only a couple inches tall. Would hold lots of small tackle pieces, tools, etc.

I wonder about your preference of screws over glue for the pvc fittings. Is it the unsightly primer staining? One of the benefits to gluing is that your pipe sections between fittings will fully seat, once lubricated/melted via the primer/glue. Dry fittings only push together so far.

Also, how do you plan to anchor it down, or do you keep it loose in order to tilt the motor?

Hi Jim I used screws just in case I want to add a drawer like you mentioned. I have it held down with 2 straps to the deck which I can easily take off when I trailer or if I don't want to bring it with the family in board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back