Dual Station Install for Mechanical Outboards

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott diego

Reaction score
So long story short I was envious of the 'dual station' guys being able to drive from the roof.

I became motivated, after talking to kidfreediver (if I remember correctly), he gave me the last vote of confidence I needed to believe I could figure out the rigging myself. That conversation convinced me to roll up my sleeves and bite into a project with no prior boat working experience.

After a fair amount of internet research, and some digested commentary from the east coast commercial guys, I elected to use controls that are a little fancier than the typical 'morse' controls. I bought kobelt single shift controls which are supposed to be a little beefier than the teleflex ones. Also, I was drawn to the single actuator design, which when you look at the gears is really a beautiful design as it shifts fore-and-aft and increases throttle...

Below is the system I bought... and it worked out great. (full disclosure I haven't installed it on my parker yet, but on an inboard diesel boat I own; the parker is next)

These are the list of parts (more or less)

1 - extra hydraulic helm
1 - steering wheel
1 - Kobelt 2091
1 - Kobelt 2093
2 - Felsted pull-pull cables
2 - kobelt cable attachment kits

All in all, a fairly easy install and I am sooooo stoked to drive from the tower....

Attachments

• kobelt 2091.jpg
    kobelt 2091.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 556
In the process of adding a bulkhead station and I’m trying to figure out what controls I want to use. I have twins so it complicates things a little. It’s between the Kobelt setup and OEM controls with DS units like kidfreediver has.

The DS units will require 14 cables, I’m just concerned about getting everything aligned right and wonder if it’ll be stuff to operate.

The Kobelt will only require 8, but I’ll have to add the tilt and trim switches to the dash which shouldn’t be much of an issue.

Just looking for real world experience with both controls and recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fannin, did you decide on your controls? I'm about to order the parts for my second station and on the fence with the controls. I have a single and am leaning towards the Morse Twin SR.

For the Helm unit I'm going with the Sea Star H5271-3. Does anyone have the specs on the Start/ Stop switches that should be used on the second station?

Thanks,
Boni-B

BoniB":3lrrp9v4 said:
Fannin, did you decide on your controls? I'm about to order the parts for my second station and on the fence with the controls. I have a single and am leaning towards the Morse Twin SR.

For the Helm unit I'm going with the Sea Star H5271-3. Does anyone have the specs on the Start/ Stop switches that should be used on the second station?

Thanks,
Boni-B

I ended up going with Kobelt. My front control came last week. Still piecing together the rest.

BoniB":12rxgdn7 said:
They are very nice. Which is the Master? The front helm?

Yes I got a 2092 for the front. 2094 will be the rear. Very well built too.

You will need a fitting kit and 3 hyd hoses to get from the main helm to the 2nd. The 3rd hose is a bypass hose.
Not that there are no kits that have 3 hoses.... You have to buy 2- hose kits and not use one of the hoses.

Or you can special a single hose of the correct length thru Seastar.....But it will cost 3/4 of what a 2 hose kit costs.

Both boats that I have installed roof controls on took 14ft hoses.

warthog5":yxsrov62 said:
You will need a fitting kit and 3 hyd hoses to get from the main helm to the 2nd. The 3rd hose is a bypass hose.
Not that there are no kits that have 3 hoses.... You have to buy 2- hose kits and not use one of the hoses.

Or you can special a single hose of the correct length thru Seastar.....But it will cost 3/4 of what a 2 hose kit costs.

Both boats that I have installed roof controls on took 14ft hoses.

How much fluid is needed after draining the system and adding the second helm?

Back