Removing Bow rail from 1801 - temporarily plugging holes

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wstandis

Reaction score
I want to remove my bow rail but dont want to fill the holes permanently.

Does anyone have any good solutions? I am hoping that i can find some rubber plugs but have not seen any at my local box stores.

I just used some stainless nuts / bolts and sealed with silicone like I would any other deck fitting.

Would anyone please be kind enough to offer 'after' repair photos of the holes from removing the bow rails? I'm very interested in removing the high bow rail on my 2300 and am eager to see what both the bolt/washer solution looks like as well as the more permanent epoxy/gelcoat repair. Thanks in advance.

First I applied a thin coat of epoxy to hole edges and let it dry. I then used stainless fender and neoprene washers on topside and underneath washboards. I checked one last year and no problems after 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I removed the bow rail on my 23DVCC. The challenge is you cannot get anything underneath most of the holes to act as a plug to easily fill. I used a thickened gelcoat kinda the consistency of bondo to fill the holes and then sanded and buffed out. It was very hard to get a good match.

TomS":r50oulct said:
I just used some stainless nuts / bolts and sealed with silicone like I would any other deck fitting.

That's what I'd do, but use some Button Head bolts....

51tO4OoQnoL._AC_US327_QL65_.jpg

Back