2320 bulkhead mount 2nd station pics?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyhigh123

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the interior backside of the bulkhead mount? Im curious to see how the wires and lines are run to keep it clean.

Thanks!

Here what I got.
9b0e01e941113f2b788082634814079f.jpg
7e898daa6fcedacf3a4bac678b23ebb2.jpg
4e44ffd9b46cfd62bdf927fc1c172c74.jpg

That works, but would be better if the straight bypass hose fitting were a 90deg fitting also.

do you have a picture of the inside cabin? I wanted to see how to run the lines and keep it nice and neat!

thanks in advance!

I have been continuing along with my second station install.. Everything laid out and ready to put it all together, just need a few days of nice weather to cooperate with my limited spare time!.. Been in a pattern of 1 nice day followed by 3 days of drizzle and rain here.. I will update with photo's as it comes together.

school skipper
that would be nice! I am about to install a 2nd steering station on my 2520 just got the console from parker the other day and waiting for the rest of the parts to come in.

ryderpit":1pe6z222 said:
school skipper
that would be nice! I am about to install a 2nd steering station on my 2520 just got the console from parker the other day and waiting for the rest of the parts to come in.

Ryderpit if you have any questions here to help.

kidfreediver
looking to do the same route you went. I bought a parker free standing console and using a seastarHH5271-3 HELM and the add a staion SeaStar Teleflex Marine HF5501 Fitting & Tubing Kit. going to Tee off the inside helm in cabin like you did then run the compensation line as well.

kidfreediver
how was the process of bleeding the lines? I have watched some videos on youtube looks faily easy.

These are photo's I took of a 2006 2320 that was rigged from Parker with dual Morse controls.. I was going to go with this set up but decided to go with the set up Kidfreediver installed... A little bit more labor intensive.. When all said and done I will break down the overall cost but think somewhere in the ballpark of each other.. Due to the limited cabin space in the 2320, I needed to customize a mounting box that I will be mounting the DS gear and throttle units in order to keep my shifting cables striaght. Kidfreediver had enough space in his 25 to run the cables down to the DS units mounted on the floor and then back up and out under the gunwale but not in the 2320.

Attachments

• IMG_2088.PNG
    IMG_2088.PNG
    262.7 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_2089.PNG
    IMG_2089.PNG
    279.7 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_2087.PNG
    IMG_2087.PNG
    282.6 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_2086.PNG
    IMG_2086.PNG
    262.5 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_2234.PNG
    IMG_2234.PNG
    200.3 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_2230.JPG
    IMG_2230.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 686
got it... interesting that the cables coming into the cabin isnt better hidden. i thought they would do something to keep it clean and covered.

when I TAP into the old helm with a tee and disconnect the old lines to add the new ones do you loose a lot of fluid? does it make a mess?

ryderpit":1gsomvly said:
when I TAP into the old helm with a tee and disconnect the old lines to add the new ones do you loose a lot of fluid? does it make a mess?
I would drain the system before doing it like back at your cylinder.

I unscrewed the bottom outlet plug on the helm and let that drain into a bucket. Once the helm drained I disconnected the port and starboard hoses and made sure to keep them elevated above helm with zip ties to hold them up and out of the way until I was ready to reattach. System was not pressurized so there was no spurting.. It was much cleaner then I expected... Be careful with new T fittings in the old helm.. The new ORB fitting threads are a little bit different.. Ask me how I know!...? Had everything hooked up and system purged and then found the drips.. I could have ordered an adapter fitting but since I already had a new helm that came in the kit from Parker I decided to just put that in to get it done..

Complete!.. Thanks to Kidfreediver and others for advise..
Very happy with the results!.. Time to GO FISHING!!

Attachments

• IMG_2268.JPG
    IMG_2268.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_2264.JPG
    IMG_2264.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_2265.JPG
    IMG_2265.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_2267.JPG
    IMG_2267.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 575
How's the DS unit working out? I'm going to be adding a 2nd station to my 2530 and I have twin Evinrudes so this is the route I plan on going. Is the effort to engage the controls about the same?

fannin":raxpfdn4 said:
How's the DS unit working out? I'm going to be adding a 2nd station to my 2530 and I have twin Evinrudes so this is the route I plan on going. Is the effort to engage the controls about the same?

Works great. Not sure about twins though if you need two ds units.

Back