2007 2520xl w Yamaha 250 - Repower to twins

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish Knots

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has repowered from a single to a set of twins?

I'm not sure if I just need a new Armstrong platform or if this is a full redo on the transom to support twins?

right now I have a single F250 Yamaha 4 stroke... but have an amazing opportunity to switch to twins same year engines @ 225hp 4 strokes

open to any input (boat maxes out at 450hp)

This is something I've always been curious about, If the boats rated to 450, shouldn't it be designed to put twin 225s on without modifications to scuppers? In addition to that I know most of the armstrong brackets that are installed with the single engine is designed to have a single on it because of the weight and buoyancy of the tank on the bracket. Our 02 armstrong bracket with a single 225 is only rated to a max of 300 HP, single motor. not sure on the later models like your own.

Well first off your going to need a new bracket.....It will be able to mount twins on....It will also have a larger tub to support the weight at rest. Figure $3000 for that.

Adding 650lbs back there is going to change the attitude of the boat for sure.

Yea.....I know the weight of the motor is less than that.....add oil and rigging and it will hit the 650 mark.

Your fuel consumption will go up. Your maintenance costs will go up.....

Is there room for the control? Do you have dual stations?

Back