installing Armstong storage clips on transom on 2013 2300

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsearles

Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way to install the storage clips for an Armstong swim ladder on the back (outside) of the transom of a 2013 2300 DV. The storage clips have fairly small holes for mounting. Should the clips be mounted to the transom using bolts that go all the way through the transom or should screws used ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks David

Agree with Brent. But, if you really don't want to stow it "in" the boat and want it "hanging out" on the transom you pretrial the holes, counter sink them, adhesive sealant of your choice and screw the brackets on. You would want at least 3/4" going past the bracket into the transom.

On my 23DVCC I only took the ladder if we planned to go in the water. Mine fit in the transom box. They rattle a bit if inverted in the ladder slot.

I hate those Pogo-Stick ladders.

If you fall overboard you can't get out without help.
Ladder is always in the way of something.....clipped to transom ya get hooks snagged on them sooner or later.

If they mont on the side......and most do......Forget to pick up the ladder and it will twist the crap out of everything.

Scroll down and look at the install.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12419&start=450

And the detail here with the nylon isolaters and rubber strips.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12419&start=475

Back