Fight Chair

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5514matt

Reaction score
Hey Parker Experts,
I just got a pedestal mounted fight chair for my 2820. What are your recommendations for mounting it. I'm not sure if I want to use a base plate to the deck to mount the pedestal so it can be removed if I want, or of I want to go just pedestal straight to the deck and leave the chair on the boat all of the time. Either way I go, what is the best way to fasten it to the deck. Do I need to get a backing plate of some sort below the deck? Would just good stainless toggle bolts be enough? Pedestal is a 3 hole pedestal. The chair Is a 50lb class chair with no footrest.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Matt

The best way is to thru bolt it.....

The core of the deck should be sealed.

First you cut a hole big enough to stick your hand thru...The edges get sealed with epoxy.

The mounting holes are drilled slightly oversize thru the deck.....The core gets sealed with epoxy.

A backing plate ring ....cut in half is snaked thru the hole....It is fastened in place with one screw that has a flat head.

Your mounting pad is put in place and sealed....Bolts go thru the mounting plate and screw into the drilled and tapped backing plate ring.

You asked the BEST way to do it.....There it is.......But most will not do it this way and yers down the road will have a chair moving and a deck rotting due to water intrusion.

Warthog,
Is Parker's decking sufficient to not have an oversized backing below the deck? I am assuming that the ring you mention is approximately the same size as the deck mounting plate. The pedestal base is about 11". I was considering putting it about 12" forward of my bilge hatch and using 1/4" aluminum plate about 18x18" below deck. I can access it from the bilge hatch without cutting a hole. Do you think this would be good or the ring method better? Sealing a hole that is covered by the base plate is no big deal to do either way.

My suggestion was based on not being able to access it.....You have access....Super... Do it your way.

I don't know what your deck thickness is.... But with the backing plate you talk about....You should be Golden.

Back