parker 2320: adding a 30 degree rod holder

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyhigh123

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can add a 30 degree rod holder on the parker 2320 and have it go straight out instead of at an angle? The current rod holders, one goes straight back and the other is at an angle.

I just dont know if it will fit and hit the gunwale side wall when putting in a 30 degree.

I have a 2520 and I would think the gunnel width is the same. Starting closest to the transom, the stock were two port/starboard facing directly aft (0 degrees) moving to the bow two at about a 45 degree angle. The additional pair of 30 degree factory rod holders we added closest to the cabin and are facing 90 degrees. They fit just fine. You could always mock up the tube with some paper/cardboard

I added two on my 2320, they fit just fine. I can take some pics this weekend if you can wait. I purchased the ones with the parker logo from Eric Hermann at executive yacht brokers in Ventura, Ca.
They are slightly off center to the outside of the gunnel compared to the ones from the factory.

h2ocowboy":37ys2w6p said:
I added two on my 2320, they fit just fine. I can take some pics this weekend if you can wait. I purchased the ones with the parker logo from Eric Hermann at executive yacht brokers in Ventura, Ca.
They are slightly off center to the outside of the gunnel compared to the ones from the factory.
Awesome! Haven't decided on normal ones or the ones with a cup holder built in. Mainly want to add it for my lobster puller.

flyhigh123":1ai8q063 said:
Anyone know if you can add a 30 degree rod holder on the parker 2320 and have it go straight out instead of at an angle? The current rod holders, one goes straight back and the other is at an angle.

All of my rod holders are 30 degree.
The closest to the stern is pointed straight back, the mid-ship holder is at a 45 degree angle, and the forward one is at a 90 degree angle.
It's all in about how you turn them with mounting. The 30 degree angle is the angle of the rod in the holder.

Attachments

• DSCN0026.jpg
    DSCN0026.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 270
Thanks, mine are also 30 degree, the one that goes straight back and one that is 45 degree. i just worry about the mid ship one at 90 degree that the rod holder doesnt press against the side gunwale. should be ok.

Mine were placed dead center on the washboard and they do not encroach on the cockpit.

Attachments

• DSCN0019.jpg
    DSCN0019.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 264
Back