hiding windlass wiring on parker 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyhigh123

Reaction score
I am putting in a windlass and looking at the way to run the wiring, i dont see a space to hide the wires very well. There is a soffit along the side, but no way to really hide it. the wiring to the front nav lights are hidden under the carpet.

One idea i have is to use some drapery pins and pin that to the carpet so i can hide it in the soffit channel, but not sure if there is abetter way or a hidden channel i'm not seeing.

Thanks Jim! I looked at the link before and didnt like how the wiring can still be seen. It may be the only option. I have the stainless drapery pins coming in and hopefully that can hide the cable even better. Hard to explain, but i'll post pictures if it works.

thanks!

Flyhigh I installed my windless wires under the carpet. I used these wire tie holders with small screws every 10". Once done I use 3m spray glue to glue the carpet back. I'll take some pics and post tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 316
Got it. So 3m upholsterer spray glue, peel back carpet, run it, zip tie, then put it back. Just like cars. Smart!

if i ran it under the carpet i was planning on using nylon cable clamps or zipties with the screw attachment... pretty much same thing as sara mentioned.

Here is what I used. Fully concealed and can't be seen unless you look under.

4c0eaedf074222f02628fd0de9a5e849.jpg

d72a24c9fb866f42a778da54b3fb11f6.jpg

Back