SeaDek installed in 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scalywag05

Reaction score
Should have done this years ago.....

Attachments

• seadek1.JPG
    seadek1.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,056
  • seadek2.JPG
    seadek2.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,054
  • seadek3.JPG
    seadek3.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,047
  • seadek4.JPG
    seadek4.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,044
  • seadek5.JPG
    seadek5.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,037
Beautiful... great look. I would like to do it on my 2120. Could you explain how it is installed, glued, etc. and, where did you buy it or who installed it. Thanks..

http://www.castawaycustoms.com

First they come to measure with a pretty neat machine. Special Pen on a cable and he draws it out and onto the machine it goes.....
We went over the accent pieces and such....
Deck was cleaned and acetoned....
Then its just peel and stick......its very heavy duty
It was installed in less then 15 minutes and i was on my way!
Closed cell foam does not absorb water...... what you see there is the thinnest they can make it as well..... 6 mil i believe
Nice and soft on your feet and very grippy
1 week from measuring to install....

Thanks for the info. Did you have the work done on Long Island or in Florida. I'm looking for someone on Long Island.

This was done in Florida..... I'm almost positive the same company has installers in the North east. Give them a shout....

I might like to do that to my 2120. Could you please tell me how much the job cost?
Thanks

That looks very nice indeed. Did you remove your storage on the starboard side or did it not come to you with it. Many guys have removed it for custome options. SeaDek looks great.

Thanks guys.....
boat is a 2003.... i am the second owner since 2009 and i don't believe that storage bin on the starboard hump was a thing yet back then.

Looks great! Is it more comfortable or have more cushion to it? Thinking about doing the back deck for wear protection and more comfort standing at the rear helm all day. I know they have different thicknesses. They also do some cool gunwale bolster type applications.

I wanted as thin as possible.... and that is 6 mil
it is very comfortable.... firm solid footing with just enough cushion. You may want to go a little thicker and more cushion if you plan on standing on it all day.
That price is for what you see!!

Installed mine last November. Haven't done a lot of fishing here but I used it on my previous boat as well - bloodied it up pretty good and it cleaned up nice. Way easier on bare feet - decks get right warm in the summer. Went with the camo color on deck, doesn't show wear or dings as much as the solid colors. Good texture. Company was easy to deal with both times, even through the COVID restrictions.

Attachments

• 20201103_134724.jpg
    20201103_134724.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 88
  • 20201103_134756.jpg
    20201103_134756.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
I've been thinking about putting SeaDek on the floor of my 1800, mostly because the original non-skid is a pain to keep clean looking.

Any long term SeaDek reports? How is it holding up? How's the adhesion to the original Parker non-skid long term?

Any issues with water being trapped between the original non-skid and the SeaDek? Seems like it would be almost impossible to seal the edge perfectly on non-skid?

I installed it on my 30+ year old Farallon and ran it hard for about 4 years in Hawaii. It was applied over "old-school" non-skid (sand sprinkled into the paint) using only the adhesive on the back of the pads and I did have issues with keeping the edges down that I solved with super glue applications. Real possibility that there was water underneath but it didn't appear to get below the deck coatings. When I installed it last year on the Parker the process now includes washing the deck with acetone and applying a 3M primer around the edges as well as using a floor roller to make sure it has full contact. The adhesive on the back of the pads seems more aggressive too - there is no "repositioning" when putting it down...once it comes in contact with the deck that's where it stays. Coming up on a year now with no issues at the edges.

It's not an inexpensive solution and it can get a little tricky putting it down depending on the thickness and shape. Some of the boat manufacturers have worked with SeaDek and there's no need to go through the patterning process...Parker isn't one of them. SeaDek supplied me with a pattern somebody else made for a boat close to mine and I went through a couple of evolutions getting it to fit my boat. If I had it to do all over again I would have started with fresh mylar and done it myself.

I have a lot more information if you're interested...did it twice and what I learned the first time definitely paid off on the second.KIMG0166.JPGKIMG0168.JPG

Back