Bangarang - Parker 2320 build

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyhigh123

Reaction score
i've been posting my build on a west coast fishing forum, but thought i could add some of the better installs here as well.

Parker 2320, 2012, 200 hours, found it on classicparker!

Worked on installing the microwave. Billy gave me a few good suggestions. The one i bought luckily fit into the main space under the bench seat. I couldnt figure out how to really hold down the right side so i added a bungee and screwed the left side. Its really tight and wont be going anywhere.

RKxdSvQ.jpg

lhpBqav.jpg

uvTeHDb.jpg

v0toeEW.jpg

XsFevsB.gif

Is there a way to resize the image with BBcode on this post?

Brent":2ks1hjo3 said:
neatm What is the power source?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
i'm using a 1100w inverter. It handles a startup burst of 2000w and stable at 1100. The microwave is 700w and 1400 starting max burst.

Here is a picture of the inverter power switch. The invterter is installed in the bilge area next to the batteries.

p3tkq2Q.jpg

guEXwg2.jpg

Ok, thanks

Are you using a Honda generator or house battery?

How much power you will need for the 110 V AC microwave?
1200 watts at 120 VAC is equal to 100 amps 12 volt DC.
Inverters lose power converting DC to AC
A single dedicated group 31 battery, it will be effectively depleted in 30 minutes.
The group 27 closer to 20 minutes and a group 24, as little as 15 minutes (depending on amp hours of the battery). Could damage the battery

I'm using three batteries . 10 minutes of use won't affect the battery. The alternator wil charge it up pretty quick.

I forget how long I can run the microwave for but it's a good amount of time to drain 3.

I had a microwave in my last boat as well, single best thing you can add. Never had a battery issue.

I really like this addition to your extended pilot house. The only issue I see is that flimsy retention strap you are using.
I would consider a small ratchet or sinch strap for a stronger application, especially over time/ bumpy seas, etc..

sydngoose":888sxdrh said:
I really like this addition to your extended pilot house. The only issue I see is that flimsy retention strap you are using.
I would consider a small ratchet or sinch strap for a stronger application, especially over time/ bumpy seas, etc..
Was thinking about that too... maybe i should have gone with a ratchet. For now this should hold plenty and will check it after a bit of use.

the strap is more of a backup as the sides are screwed in the hold it down, but i agree, would like a better mechanism.

I started another thread about the speaker options. I found one that is perfect and sounds 100x better than the stock tweeter. But its' not high end audio. About 4 inches wide, not too heavy.

C5vwqUg.jpg

A couple of questions......

What the heck is that duct looking piece going vertical and then the speaker bracket is attached to it?

Did you attach the speaker bracket with sheet metal screws or thru bolt it with machine screes and locknuts?

Sheetmetal screws will vibrate out and the speaker will be hanging by the speaker wire.

i think the duct you are referring to is what comes on the newer boats? at least when i bought the parker it came with it. all the cables that run up the roof like horn, radar, lights go up those ducts.

the speaker is held on with bolt and locknut so it should hold pretty well.

i was able to reuse the bolt and locknut from the original screws that held the tackle center under the seat next to the microwave lol.

You also may want to put a dab of Blue Locktite on those thumb screws to keep them from backing off.

Added a led light bar. Needed to make some custom brackets to clear my radar mount.
$60 for more lights. Good for west coasting hoop netting.

4b2ce8ccf1c3a91bae07b19d4d451262.jpg

4062a348304a6b8a3d55e8490359edf8.jpg

A more finished look would be to round all those corners on the brackets......+ may keep someone from getting skinned up.

Back