Time to do some rework

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhr3

Reaction score
Wow I looked at when my last post was and could not believe it had been 5 years. During that time I have used the Parker each season with few issues. Most of my time has been taken doing a frame off restoration mod on my 65 Pick up. This year the Parker is letting me know she has been neglected. The truck is on the road so it is on to other things.

I worked a Job in Atlanta February through May so commissioning came late. Working clean up and bottom painting in the heat of June was no fun but had to be done. Launch happened 23 June and then the fun began. The first time out after launch the GPS gave up the ghost. Received no signals. Unit was a 12 year old Garmin 2010C. Rather than buy a new antenna we decided to replace. Took a road trip to BOE on 3 July and arranged to have a Garmin 1040XS shipped to the house. 5 July we were installing. I have no pictures of cutting the panel because it was ugly. 90+ degrees and cutting a bigger hole with boat in the slip. What a mess. Happy with results but now I have to make a transducer decision and then decide when to pull the boat for the in hull (old depth, Furuno 600L sounder works fine in interim) installation.

A week of running fine and the Raymarine S1000 autopilot decides to pack it in. We are now doing research on what pilot to install. My background is aircraft maintenance so I tend to ask a lot of questions before moving forward. I am considering the Garmin Compact Reactor series with the standard 1 Liter pump and the GPC 20 controller and wireless remote. I am also looking at Simrad and Raymarine but like the idea of everything same brand - Chartplotter, sounder, Autopilot. Also considering Radar for the future.

Looks like I will pick the hottest day I can find in August to continue this saga. After that it is going to be time to go back to work and pay for this mess.

Attachments

• ready to run.jpg
    ready to run.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 319
  • Garmin 1040xs.jpg
    Garmin 1040xs.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 319
  • Parker 2520.jpg
    Parker 2520.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 319
  • Garmin 2010C.JPG
    Garmin 2010C.JPG