Replace windshield mounted Nav lites with LED (base broke)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JET O_Wey

Reaction score
The base which holds my anchor / masthead 3 color nav light broke. Thought be good time to change over to new LED pole and base. It is no doubt original 1988 Parker light with traditional bulbs. It one of those poles where you plug in the pole then screw a plastic cap down over the base to secure it. I have searched all over the place, wanted to get something kind of nice, not the minimum.

Have looked at dozens, none have the same basic footprint, the long edge of the base faces vertically -see pic. Most seen advertised mount thru a deck which is not possible with the windshield mount.

Any direction appreciated.

j

Attachments

• Broken base for nav lite.png
    Broken base for nav lite.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Broken nav light holder ii.png
    Broken nav light holder ii.png
    250.1 KB · Views: 165
JET O_Wey":1da5amc3 said:
The base which holds my anchor / masthead 3 color nav light broke. Thought be good time to change over to new LED pole and base. It is no doubt original 1988 Parker light with traditional bulbs. It one of those poles where you plug in the pole then screw a plastic cap down over the base to secure it. I have searched all over the place, wanted to get something kind of nice, not the minimum.

Have looked at dozens, none have the same basic footprint, the long edge of the base faces vertically -see pic. Most seen advertised mount thru a deck which is not possible with the windshield mount.

Any direction appreciated.

j
That factory base that you have is made by Perko. I bought one just the other day. If I'm not mistaken,I believe I saw a LED masthead light on their website with the same base. Give their website a look and I bet you'll find what you need.

Back