Adding Bracket to 25 CC DV Good idea/Bad idea?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassTub

Reaction score
I currently have a notched transom and am thinking about adding a full transom bracket when I re-power. Does anyone have any first hand experience doing this? If so what did you do with the notched transom? Did you make a door or glass it in? Did you have to adjust the scuppers at all for the self bailing?

I like the idea of using the bracket as a swim platform with easy access to get back on the boat. I keep it in the Chesapeake and am not really worried about taking a big wave through the stern like i would be offshore. However a door I can put up or open would be a good idea.

Thank you for your help/suggestions.

Chris

Can't give you exact numbers, but I asked one time a very reputable local glass guy an estimate to enclose the transom of my 2520 MVSC and the estimate was something like $5-6,000 if I remember correctly and that didn't include the bracket/rigging, etc.. I knew it would be high, and I'd never do it because of the price. If you search, there is a thread on here of someone who enclosed the transom of a 2120 DV several years ago and added a bracket. I think he has since sold the boat.

TimC2520":20tbzkge said:
Can't give you exact numbers, but I asked one time a very reputable local glass guy an estimate to enclose the transom of my 2520 MVSC and the estimate was something like $5-6,000 if I remember correctly and that didn't include the bracket/rigging, etc.. I knew it would be high, and I'd never do it because of the price. If you search, there is a thread on here of someone who enclosed the transom of a 2120 DV several years ago and added a bracket. I think he has since sold the boat.

Thanks. At that price I would be better off selling and buying something else.

So did you install the bracket?

I’m thinking about doing the same on my 23 SE

One of the replies to your post mentions another thread about someone adding a bracket to a 21 DV. Anyone know how to find this old thread?

seahare":l3hgfvsu said:
So did you install the bracket?

I’m thinking about doing the same on my 23 SE

One of the replies to your post mentions another thread about someone adding a bracket to a 21 DV. Anyone know how to find this old thread?

I have not done the bracket yet however got a price on Friday. To close the transom in (Without a cap on the Gunnel) and bracket i am looking at 5K another $1200 to replace my tabs with electric ones.

I am still weighing the pros and cons. Major want for it is ease of getting in and out of the water for the family while also keeping people away from possibly stepping on my trim tabs or depth finder. The added Length would be nice however the 25' rides pretty nice in the bay as is.

Chris

I did it on my 2120 (Big mack) give me a call on my cell 410-404-3238 we can talk about it. :idea:

Back