What is this ? Parker mounting material

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmoore

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the black stuff parker uses in between the hardware and the deck or gunnels. I’d like to source it and use when re-installing bench seat to deck. I can’t tell if it’s foam, black 5200 or butyl tape or something ? Anyone know. Attached are pictures
ac0581677e8020bd8b357e9e27d348fb.png
f8a65b6bd41bd2f15481d47d367cf2bd.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are talking about the the soft black material between the flange and the deck, rod holders etc to the gunwale cap, it appears from my handling of it to be some sort of foam gasket. I gave not seen this stuff on a Parker before and can't really see where it would be all that effective in sealing out water especially when sandwiched between the flange and non-skid. I plan to replace the stuff with some high quality sealant.

Thanks for the response. I thought maybe Parker had some novel solution and was looking to duplicate it. My electronics guy took out the entire bench and reinstalled with clear silicone to put battery charger behind splash guard....so I’m going to take it out, over drill holes, wet and fill with epoxy and reset screws with 4200, but wasn’t sure if I should also source whatever the black stuff is. It does sort of look like foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back