I need help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES!

I have not done this however I have read projects on this site pertaining to such. Hang tight and I am sure someone will be by to lend a hand.

Just to help a little, are you trying to replace it or just completely remove it? Are you asking what would be the consequences of removing it? I do not have carpet in my 2320. I do not believe my boat ever had the carpet (at least ever since I have owned it). I have never really noticed anything negative about not having it but have often thought of adding it in hopes of maybe insulating sound (honestly though I have never ridden on one with it so I don't know if it would do anything).

I suggest letting the others know what you are trying to accomplish and they will respond.
Good luck.

Hey thanks for your response I don't have any carpet in my 2520 but my buddy's does and he's hell-bent on taking it out so I guess we're going to take it out! So I guess what I'm asking is what I'm i going to find whenever I take it out? Is it going to be a smooth like mine or rough an unfinished

I would imagine you will see something similar to what you have in your boat (after you get all the glue off of it). You will then more than likely have to paint it. Pettit has a nice cabin paint called EZCABIN that is mold and mildew resistant. They have an off white color that would probably be fine depending on how particular your friend is. You could probably get away with a quart thinning it appropriately as described on can followed up with 2 or 3 coats. At least that is what I would do.

Back