Color matched Gel Coat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sailmaster

Reaction score
Went to Minicraft about gel coat
They want to know what color
I have a 2001 Pilothouse
PXMKG515D101

Looks like a pretty standard color
Anybody know the name of the color

I have the same basic boat in a 1988
PXM25576A888
and I beleive it is the same color

I am looking for at least a quart

Thanks

Warthog posted http://www.minicraft.com/home
I think minimum quantity is one quart and can be ordered with or without wax

Your 2001 gelcoat is 16 years old. New gelcoat the same color won't match. If you could see both sides of the hull at the same time they probably wouldn't match!

The point is that whatever you get will have to be tinted "by eye" to match what is there now.

The trick with gel coat and other paint repairs is trompe l'oeil.
There are blending tricks you use with the Paint ( gel coat ) and the surface to make things look good
Starting with a good close base is a great way to get a good job.

Then surface cleanliness is next.
Big secret in the prep is to actually cut off some of the surface faded yellowed stuff to get into a fresher color.
Failing to do this results in the "ring around the Repair "

Do not expect a match but you can do some real good work that most people will not see at 10 feet and 10 MPH for sure and usually not when you walk by the slip or the trailer.

My favorite color to repair in days gone by was Glidden OffWhite. I could make that stuff sing on the boats made with it.
Grady White White was another color that was real consistant and easy to work with.

I have been out of the business for a while and am looking for a supplier of a close color.
Hope that someone has a source
I did contact MiniCraft and they asked for the color name.

Back