23 Parker floor repair

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkercav23

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just cut out a pretty big soft spot on my deck. 2 of the bulkheads have some rot. I plan on fixing them. It's kinda of a temporary fix until the original gad tank needs to be replaced. At that time Ill most likely replace the entire floor. So hopefully I'll get 3 -5 years out of this repair. My question is would I be able to move the bulkhead nearest the bilge back say 5 inches. I'd like to get some more room to access my bilge pumps and with 2 battries and the oil tank it is a tight fit. Would I be ok doing this or would it throw things off. I'm thinking of add something like a 1x4 on the flat wrapped in fiberglass where the old bulkhead is positioned for support. Has anyone done this before any advice would be appreciated.
The stringer seem to be ok except some delamination back towards the bilge. I plan on soaking the with penetrating epoxy once the dry out and clamping them together to sturdy them. I'll post some pictures if I can figure that out. Thanks in advance for any thoughts, tips or comments.

Yes the pie hole and the bilge hatch. I've ordered new pie holes and hatch's. I plan of bedding the hell out of them. It's a 1990 and it looked like there was a seat mounted in between the pie hole and the bilge hatch so I'm sure to 20 or so screw holes in the deck didn't help. I just placed my order for all my fiberglass supplies so hopefully it will look good as new when I'm done. I'm thinking of pre drilling larger holes and filling them with epoxy then drilling the mounting holes in a mini epoxy puck to seal the wood off just in case the sealant fails. It might be overkill but the pie holes and hatch's see so much water.

move it back you'll be fine i would use the whole area buy your self a anchor hatch there aluminum and have a quick release model

Do I need to add any extra support or just move it back?

Just move it back and tab it in. How far you moving it? 6" -10" ?

I'm thinking of pre drilling larger holes and filling them with epoxy then drilling the mounting holes in a mini epoxy puck to seal the wood off just in case the sealant fails. It might be overkill but the pie holes and hatch's see so much water.

It's not Overkill....It's how you make a boat Last.....add Cabisol to the epoxy to make it stronger.....It will make it thicker also.
You still want it to ease down in the hole and you usually have to top the holes off again the next day to make the filler flush with the top.

Thanks for the advice guys. I’m definitely going to add another hatch in that spot. I order the hatch last night from DPI Marine 11x 19. I’ll clean that area out and box it out and finish it off. It will be a great spot for extra gear. I just received all my fiberglassing supplies. Everything is from Raka Epoxy. They have great prices and anytime I call someone always answers and willing to give advice. hope I can figure out what to do with all this stuff. This will be my first major for me anyway fiberglass repair. I feel pretty confident but still a little nervous. But I’ve done tons of reading and research so hopefully it goes well. I’ll keep adding photos as I move along. And any comment or advice will be welcomed. Can anyone tell me how to post pictures with out adding a link. https://photos.app.goo.gl/tGUxZ5tpskcVKdY42

Parkercav23":3axonm1j said:
Thanks for the advice guys. I’m definitely going to add another hatch in that spot. I order the hatch last night from DPI Marine 11x 19. I’ll clean that area out and box it out and finish it off. It will be a great spot for extra gear. I just received all my fiberglassing supplies. Everything is from Raka Epoxy. They have great prices and anytime I call someone always answers and willing to give advice. hope I can figure out what to do with all this stuff. This will be my first major for me anyway fiberglass repair. I feel pretty confident but still a little nervous. But I’ve done tons of reading and research so hopefully it goes well. I’ll keep adding photos as I move along. And any comment or advice will be welcomed. Can anyone tell me how to post pictures with out adding a link. https://photos.app.goo.gl/tGUxZ5tpskcVKdY42
Try using Tapatalk app to post pic

B2

Ok I downloaded Tapatalk and logged in but is says I don’t have permission to replay. Any tips on using this app. As for replacing the pie plates and hatched how often do you recommend replacing them. And what do you mean as far as painting them red?

Parkercav23":1t56rypa said:
Ok I downloaded Tapatalk and logged in but is says I don’t have permission to replay. Any tips on using this app. As for replacing the pie plates and hatched how often do you recommend replacing them. And what do you mean as far as painting them red?
Try deleting app and then reinstalling . I don't understand replay. It is simple to Post pics. . Joke on red color. Step on red and leaks will occur. Just check and lube or replace o rings as needed. When replacing seal the deck wood edges with expoxy and fiberglass, use sealant on frames and seal screw holes. Leaks are major cause of bad deck wood and wet foam around fuel tanks. I don't know which brand is the best. I don't think holes and plates sizes are standard across all brands. Armstrong makes waterproof ones for their brackets but don't know if can be used on decks due to height maybe cost

B2

Brent":2uqfw18z said:
Parkercav23":2uqfw18z said:
Try deleting app and then reinstalling . I don't understand replay. It is simple to Post pics. . Joke on red color. Step on red and leaks will occur. Just check and lube or replace o rings as needed. When replacing seal the deck wood edges with expoxy and fiberglass, use sealant on frames and seal screw holes. Leaks are major cause of bad deck wood and wet foam around fuel tanks. I don't know which brand is the best. I don't think holes and plates sizes are standard across all brands. Armstrong makes waterproof ones for their brackets but don't know if can be used on decks due to height maybe cost

B2

Brent":15591b7r said:
Parkercav23":15591b7r said:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/owoFTVuhsnKBuumR2
Here's some updated photos. It's slow going but when there a break in the cold weather I get what I can done.
Did you configure Taptalk? Install, find this site, add login info and done.

B2
I am not sure videos can be posted

B2

I'm working on it now. I installed Taptalk but I can't post on there. It says it's waiting on email confirmation. Hopefully I'll get it worked out. Can anyone see the picture if you click on the link?

Brent":4gb83acz said:
Brent":4gb83acz said:
Parkercav23":4gb83acz said:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/owoFTVuhsnKBuumR2
Here's some updated photos. It's slow going but when there a break in the cold weather I get what I can done.
Did you configure Taptalk? Install, find this site, add login info and done.

B2
I am not sure videos can be posted

B2
Yes I can access your link

B2

Back