Pilot House Carpet Cleaning ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bean

Reaction score
Hi Members,

Has anyone tried Stanley Steemer to have cabin carpets cleaned tell me what you think.

Thanks For Input,
" Bean "

Ive tried carpet shampoo and then drying with a wet vac. All it does it pull out more stains, not sure if its mildew or glue but it just made more work. Like most I vacuum it really good then spray it down with a solution of 25% bleach 75% water, blot the stains then let it dry. If you do try a Stanley Steamer please let me know how it goes. That's, Mike

Thanks for the reply. I am just concerned about loosening the carpet from the adhesive.

" Bean "

Did mine as Capt Mike said...25% bleach and water mixed in a pump sprayer. Soaked it all down good and let sit for 15 minutes or so, then just rinsed out top to bottom with a hose. I also went back over some areas with Oxyclean which seemed to do a better job on the rust stains. I just left mine open to air dry for several days. I didn't want to take a shop vac to it at all as I was already concerned with causing issues with the carpet adhesive. See link below showing my results. Wish I had taken some before shots but didn't.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17133

I used bleach, water, and oxyclean to do mine.
Wet everything with a hose first, then soaked everything down with a pump sprayer.

I let the solution sit for about 30 minutes, then gave it a good rinse with a hose from the top down.
The results were dramatic!

There were several areas I had to give a second application, but that was to be expected with a 1996 model. :)
Left everything open to dry for a couple of days and she looked like new again.

Back