Adding a 3rd rodholder to the gunnel of a 2017 2510 XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidwolfe2

Reaction score
I am thinking about adding a 3rd rod holder between walk around steps and first rod holder located in the middle of the gunnel. Without measuring to see if a another 30 degree mate series rod hold like the one located near the transom, I was wondering if anyone else has already gone down this path. I was thinking of installing at 90 degrees to boats centerline but was uncertain if it would hit the fiberglass on the interior side of the boat. Thanks for your input in advanced.

I have done this on same boat. I just had it 15 degree facing aft. I know it is same and next holder but depends on how you fish. I use one for down deep and other as flat line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP, if your rear rod holders are black plastic combo cup holders with the Parker logos do yourself a favor and throw those POS away and install the super heavy duty replacements from Mate. They are direct replacements, you'll be glad you did.

OC parker guy - how do you fish that you want the rod holder furthest forward facing 2 other rods? The more I think about it I should probably install the third at a 45 degree angle like what would be the middle rod holder after I install a 3rd.

John - I have 2 new mate series in hand to replace those, its what made me think about ordering 2 more. :wink:
To be honest they almost made me not want to buy to the boat. You walk through the transom door and the the first thing that greats you is cheap hardware. It makes a bad first impression for what is otherwise a pretty well built boat.

So the farthest back Rod holder would be my flat line. The next one back would be deep one. Like stretch lure. Or if rock fishing a heavy mojo I do not have the cup holder/rod holders

57887a3a4ea87e63162b2ee26ecc6c18.jpg

I get it. I think you meant you have a 15 degree rod holder facing 45 degrees away similar to what is your middle rod holder now.

Back