Seaspension shock-absorbing pedestal member discount offer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter's Post

Reaction score
We have been getting quite a bit of interest from CP members regarding our shock-absorbing pedestals. We wanted to support you folks who are interested in a smoother ride by offering a 15% discount to all of you who call in to us with an order for a Seaspension pedestal(s).

As we don't want to abuse this forum to place contineous 'specials', we'll run this special on a limited time basis. This will be the only posting regarding the sale offer. Regular MSRP is $795. CP member sale price $675. Please visit www.seaspension.com and call us with your screen name. As we say "Sit Down & Enjoy the Ride". Thanks.

Well I bit the $ bullet and ordered the SeaSuspension Spider Solo post for my 2120 in the 26 inch height. After my last back ache, figure if it saves me a doctor visit or two it will pay for itself. Will post when I receive and install it.

Noticed that my footrest is a Springfield cinched onto my current 2 7/8 OD inch seat post. The SeaSuspension post is 2 7/8 inch at the top to receive a standard seat base, but it is 4 inches OD from near the top to the bottom where it houses its magic.

Springfield sells two black plastic bushing adapters that let me keep the foot rest and just change out bushings ($17 for two halves) so I ordered those from Springfield.

While on the Springfield site, their Scratch and Dent page shows some seat bases from $33 to $89 so I ordered a Track lll swivel and slide base. Reason is that I have the Garelick ride cushioner contraption under my seat now and will remove it when my new SeaSuspension post is installed. It helped some, but simply did not have enough travel for my weight.

Sometimes this Parker site just eats my wallet - like today thank you.

More later..............Pete

You'll love it! While you can change the springfield bushings for the foot mount, you can't just change out the bushing for the locking ring. The locking ring is what keeps the footrest from sliding down as you apply pressure to it.

Therefore, you may want to dig into the wallet again and buy the complete kit. Link attached.

I see a bunch of seat posts hitting the for sale section.... :D

http://www.cascadedepot.com/servlet/the ... ost/Detail

PS: Don't know how much you weigh, but there IS a weight limit on this post. Better call them and get the info before you install....

Attachments

• SMS seat post.JPG
    SMS seat post.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,469
Ya, I noticed the slide keeper ring and was just going to test the seat post before I fooled with the foot rest. But I called Tammy at Springfield and left her a message to add the 4 in. slide keeper ring to my order.

Did you put a backing plate under the post? I have not removed my current post so will not see what is there until I get all the parts in hand.

Oh yes, I do fit the weight limits too. Greg at SeaSuspension was very helpful in explaining how it meets all the military specs and that George Bush had two on his boat - one for him & the other for his wife. Hope I do not have to go there with my admiral...........Pete

My Seaspension Pedestal is ordered and will be here next week, can't wait to get it installed. For anyone interested the discount saves you about $100.00, good deal if it saves my back and legs.

greatcir":2i0d7ksy said:
Ya, I noticed the slide keeper ring and was just going to test the seat post before I fooled with the foot rest. But I called Tammy at Springfield and left her a message to add the 4 in. slide keeper ring to my order.

Did you put a backing plate under the post? I have not removed my current post so will not see what is there until I get all the parts in hand.

Oh yes, I do fit the weight limits too. Greg at SeaSuspension was very helpful in explaining how it meets all the military specs and that George Bush had two on his boat - one for him & the other for his wife. Hope I do not have to go there with my admiral...........Pete

Tammy will call you back and tell you that they don't just sell the locking ring by itself :evil: I already tried that. You have to buy the whole thing; 4" footrest including the locking ring. May want to cancel that bushing order. By the way, if you don't care if the footrest swivels, then just keep your bushing order, replace the one you have on your footrest now, and just snug it tight. Save $40.

On my 2520, the base already bolt into a backing plate. I am 99% sure your post and base already are secured to a backing plate so, all you have to do is remove the 5-6 bolts, take your base off, line up the holes on the new base with the existing holes, and bolt back down. No sealant, no 4200, nothing.

I wound up just selling the stock seat post, including the 2 7/8" foot rest and lock ring. I could have kept the footrest but since you can't just buy the 4" lock ring by itself, I just replaced the whole kit and kaboodle.

So what's the deal? TheOtherLine, Is it really worth the coin? It seems very expensive for what it is? I injured my back again (L4, L5) less than a month ago and I'm not sure if I am going to be ok for opening day of Striped Bass season in less than two weeks. I have a friend (also my first mate) who does metal work and he is working on a custom SS shock absorbing post for me. I will post pictures when he gets far enough along to identify it. I was looking at the Seaspension and I thought it looked plastic and cheap compared to the aluminum post from the factory and didn't want to spend that kind of coin. I need to do something as it likes to blow this time of year and I don't want to let my crew down. The post we are building is going to cost about 25%-30% of what the Seaspension costs and we are using a coil over shock that is adjustable for weight on the down swing and another shock with no spring for the up swing. We have not tested it yet but based on some of my calculations it should work for anyone between 75 - 400lbs. I think adjustability is crucial for the weight of the person and the sea conditions. I used to ride in a race boat that had shock absorbing seats that had exposed hardware behind and below and was very space consuming at over $2000.00. Very impressive but my back was good then and that is out of my price range now.

Couple questions-

What is it made of?

Are you satisfied?

Is it adjustable?

Have you been in high seas and really put it to the test? How did it perform?

I appreciate your time. I need to make a decision soon so I can go fishing or my Parker may end up on the auction block :cry:

MaxOut":1relcqve said:
So what's the deal? TheOtherLine, Is it really worth the coin? ....... I was looking at the Seaspension and I thought it looked plastic and cheap compared to the aluminum post from the factory and didn't want to spend that kind of coin.

Couple questions-

What is it made of?

Are you satisfied?

Is it adjustable?

Have you been in high seas and really put it to the test? How did it perform?

I appreciate your time. I need to make a decision soon so I can go fishing or my Parker may end up on the auction block :cry:

I injured L1 & L2 3 years ago. That makes me extra sensitive to the jarring motions one might subject themselves to on a boat. All I can tell you is that before I bought the seat, I found myself dreading going out in anything but flat seas. Now, anything less than 2-3's is a non event.

Anything greater than 3's, is still uncomfortable but NOT because the seat doesn't absorb the up/down bottoming issue, but because of the horizontal pitching motion your body goes through as you make way.

My feeling was I spent big $ for the boat. Big $ for electronics. Big $ for rods, tackle etc.,. If the seat allowed me to boat more often and in more comfort, it would be worth twice what I paid.

Regarding construction. I'll answer based on observations but hopefully Peter will see this post and correct me if I'm wrong.

Made out of aluminum, powder coat paint. No plastic anywhere! The guage of the aluminum is thicker than the stock post.

Adjustable? As to amount of resistance? I think so but, the factory has to do it. There is no external mechanism that allows the operator to increase or decrease "response" or stiffness, that I know of.

As to height? No. They come in several heights. 26" , 29" and there may be one more shorter version. Don't know.

High Seas Test - I have not been in any seas greater than maybe 4's-5's with the new post. In 4-5's, I am standing and resting my azz on the edge of the seat.

I think Grouper Jim was navigating my boat on one of our trips a while back. Maybe he'll chime in.

Good Luck with your project. I would ask Seaspension if there is a money back guarantee. Maybe they will let you try it for X days and if you don't like it, send it back. It literally takes 10 minutes to install.

Thank you very much. I'm sure you understand my concern with your injury. I agree and have the same mentality on costs but right now things are tougher than usual and I'm tiring to prioritize. My back hurts just to be alive and I have to just deal with it for now but fishing is my passion and if I find myself unable to fish the boat has no purpose. Hopefully Peter is listening and can offer me a trial period. If it works it will be worth the money. I am glad to hear that it is not plastic; I didn't think it was but it looked like it. I have been leaning on my first mate for allot of metal projects lately and I'm sure he would prefer not to have more projects thrown at him so I may just bite the bullet and buy one. Thanks again.

Yes, there is a money back guarantee if you are not happy with the performance of Seaspension. We are very confident that you will experience a noticeable difference as compared with your standard post. If you don't think it is worth the money, just send it back in a few weeks, and we'll refund the Post minus shipping.
We just finished a pretty important Coast Guard project for 28 double bolsters for Pres. Obama security detail boats made by Edgewater. When the CG did their seatrial on the first boat, they had 6-8 foot seas, 20 knot winds, and speeds up to 50 knts. Everyone was seated, and they walked away very impressed with Seaspension.
Now, as far as construction, TheOtherLine is correct with his assesment that we basically have double the amount of aluminum tubes as a standard post. The base casting is also especially engineered to withstand abnormal stresses, and are thicker than anything you may buy for your boat. Any welding on the tubes is MILSpec. No failures to report. The damper is velocity sensitive, so it senses the speed by which it is compressed, and reacts quickly enough on the rebound to get ready for the next impact. This is an engineered system, that took years to develop, and we have our own part numbers for the dampers which are only available for Seaspension. The finish coat is chromate conversion coated first, then epoxy primered with AWLGRIP marine paint, and finally top coated with AWLGRIP urethane.
I'd be happy to provide any additional detail if desired. Thanks for the postings.

I talked at length to Greg - one of the owners- at SeaSuspension before and after placing my order. He said he was a metallurgist with an aerospace firm that was machining parts for SeaSuspension before he joined the firm as part owner. He said the products are all made to Military spec which is why they have military orders. He said I definitely had a full money back guarantee on my purchase.

I have no financial interest in SeaSuspension and am just a customer also questioning the high price for the product until I receive it and test it in my boat. It's all about giving my back the best protection I can afford.

You might call them at 1-866-232-4929 for more info on their patented construction and warranty (which I neglected to address). Greg did discuss the Springfield foot rest I have and plan to transfer to the SeaSuspension. He and I looked at the Springfield web site and he indicated he might order one to run some tests. His concern was if someone stood or jumped on the front edge of the footrest. I told him I could not do that in my Parker pilot house so it is not an issue for my application.

TheOtherLine - thanks for the info and the photos. You were right, Tammy called this morning and could not sell the slide bracket so I decided to just cinch down my current Springfiled foot rest for now after I get the post.

Used to be my back pain was only from a few people who rode it...................Pete

yes, TOL's fancy seat works very well.......especially if you like to sit. I am 6' 240lbs. TOL is avg height and weight. works effectively for both of us.

I personally stand 90 percent of the time so its not in the cards for me. Larry puts on the AP and snoozes in his seat. all he needs now is a seat belt to keep him from falling out. :mrgreen: i need the pounding to stay sharp and awake as i am unlucky and tend to run over too much crap floating in the water like crab traps, 2x4s, turtles etc.

FWIW i don't care to have my feet tucked up under me on the pedestal foot rest........much prefer the fold down footrests that mount to the bulkhead in front of the seat. if anyone wants the factory pedestal foot rest send me a PM.

BTW if i remember correctly, according to Larry the bolt pattern is the same as the original factory seat so i don't see any downside to trying it out for the price of shipping.

grouperjim":r36rzno9 said:
Larry puts on the AP and snoozes in his seat.... :mrgreen:

:shock: :shock: :shock: ......because now.....with my new comfortable seat...... I can. 8) 8) 8)

......because now.....with my new comfortable seat...... I can

And so will I real soon, Rip em up Larry!

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,255
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,255
Back