• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parker 2520 cabin model, 3 control stations including tower

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
FOR SALE: … the original ‘classic’ Parker that helped start ClassicParker!

For sale by 2nd owner, originally owned by Harvard University as the research vessel supporting the cleanup of the polluted Boston Harbor. After the harbor was cleaned up, she was stored in a local boatyard where punk kids boarded her and extensively vandalized her – everything – literally everything less the glass windows and fiberglass hull were damaged!

All systems and components were smashed, cut, and/or broken –lights, gauges, pumps, wire, hoses, cables, etc. – you name it, and the punks broke them. I had the hull surveyed and we removed stern eyes and bolts and could not find any evidence of rot or wet spots anywhere. So I bought her and resurrected her to her present condition.

Surveyed in 2011 at a 'bank value' (for bank loan purposes) of $26K with a replacement cost exceeding > $150K. She was also USCG surveyed as meeting all 'vessel for hire' coastal requirements, although I never went ahead and got my Capts license, so she's never been fished commercially. The surveyor also commented that she was the 1st boat surveyed in a long, long, long time where every switch, device and system worked!

Since the 2011 survey I have added:

-New Suzuki 250hp 4-stroke OB (~110-hours, 3-1/2 years of warranty remaining)
-New Seastar hydraulic steering to the tuna tower, with all hydraulic hoses in the entire boat replaced
-New Uflex stainless steel controls for the OB gear/throttle to the tower, with all OB motor control cables in the entire boat replaced
-New Lowrance color GPS/fishfinder add to the tower in a custom mini-helm station
-New in-hull Airmar transducer for the Furuno fishfinder
-New SeaDek coaming pads in the cockpit and seating in the tuna tower

Late Fall, boat purchased – no motor – hull only
-New main boat wiring – from battery switch to main helm
-New Guest Off/1/2/Both battery switch
-New battery cables (battery to battery switch and new Ancor power post [stern ground])
-New batteries
-New Standard-Horizon VHF set and Shakespeare Galaxy antenna installed
-New Teleflex Lido Pro OB gauges, backlit in red
-New 2-mile LED red/green navigation lights in stainless steel (SS) housings
-New house lights – helm cabin, galley/prep area, V-berth reading light
-New bilge pumps – fore and aft
-New Bennett SS trim tabs, 9” chord (depth off hull) x 24” span (width)
-Custom (LED backlit) helm switch panel (all wiring, all witches new)
-Used OMC 225hp 2-stroke installed, with new OMC controls
-Tandem-axle trailer purchased; only trailered twice (round-trip) further than 200’!

-New teak handrails (cabin top and side of cabin) added
-New round inspection ports on cockpit deck (2)
-Windshield wipers added
-Custom radar mount/mast installed

-Custom teak/mahogany galley added inside cabin
-New SS sink added to galley
-New rectangular lazerette hatch in rear cockpit deck (wood core edge epoxied)
-New dorade vent added to helm cabin rooftop (core edges epoxied)
-New T-H Marine inspection ports added to cockpit/cabin decks (core edges epoxied)

-Custom 2nd control station added to cabin bulkhead
-New SS Morse dual-lever controls inside and outside
-Custom teak knobs added to control lever handles
-New 2400gph ‘storm pump’ added in the stern
-New OB extra-heavy gauge battery cables
-New 5/8” anchor rode, marked every 30’ (from both ends, I switch ends every other season)

2004 – 2006
-New SS Parker bow rail with pulpit loop
-Custom teak/mahogany pulpit, installed using heavy-duty 316L SS hardware
-New SS Sampson post/bollard and deck chocks installed (bow deck almost 3” thick!)
-New GoLight remote (corded) spotlight and custom bow rail mount
-New Northstar GPS with fuel computer readout and transducer installed
-New LED white all-around light installed on light mast
-New VHF w/ DSC added into main helm (this is the 2nd VHF on-board)
-New remote microphone (for above VHF) added into cockpit control station
-New Taco 3-piece telescoping outriggers added to Tournament swivel mounts
-Custom helm cabin rod holders and storage installed, with access hatch
-New Humminbird digital-readout depth finder added to dash, reads from the bow
-New additional SS rod holders added around the gunnels
-New aluminum rocket launcher rod holders added to the cabin top

-Custom teak swim platform
-New SS swim platform mounts, installed using 316L SS hardware (epoxy plugged)
-New 4-drawer tackle locker added in rear of cockpit bulkhead
-New bilge high water alarm added
-New SS heavy-duty pop-up mid-cleats
-New livewell/washdown (non-pressurized) pump added to the stern seacock

-Custom all teak-rimmed steering wheel added
-New Shakespeare Galaxy 5225-XT VHF offshore antenna installed
-New AM/FM/CD stereo in enclosed cabinet installed; 4 speakers and cockpit remote
-New trailer tires and trailer service (bearings, hubs, springs, brake system)

-New Halo air-shock seat suspension added to Captain’s helm chair seat post
-New Furuno 600L dual-frequency color fishfinder
-New low-profile forward bilge pump added to forward bilge
-New bigger forward bilge access hatch added (wood core epoxied)

-New SS swivel tuna-rated rod holders (2) installed in rear gunnels
-Parker aluminum tuna tower installed ($3,500 Parker option alone, stripped [no controls])
-New SS telescoping swim step ladder

-New Raytheon radar, color LCD display (w/ GPS overlay) and 16nm radome added
-New LED spreader light added to cockpit
-New SS swivel tuna-rated rod holders (2) installed in forward gunnels

-New Suzuki DF250 4-stroke outboard motor installed (6-years of warranty)
-New Suzuki sunbrella OB motor cowling cover
-New Seastar hydraulic steering hoses added from OB to main helm to auxiliary (cockpit station) and up to tower control helm (3 helm runs)
-New fuel lines installed from fuel tank to fuel/water separator to motor
-New LED red ‘rope’ lights added to cockpit perimeter
-New dual-trumpet white powder-coated horn w/ SS diaphragms (125 decibels)

-New Uflex stainless steel shift & throttle controls added to tuna tower control station
-New Lowrance color GPS/fishfinder added to tuna tower control station
-New Teleflex Xtreme shift & throttle control cables added from OB to main helm (1st station) to cockpit (2nd station) and up to tuna tower (3rd station)
-New SS fender storage mount added to port-side bow rail
-Custom 2” PVC scupper tubes (epoxy bedded) installed in place of original brass 1” drain tubes (provides 4X water drainage capacity). The ‘dry’ transom here was almost 3” thick!
-New Airmar thru-hull transducer installed
-New PowerTech 4-blade SS prop installed
-New fuel fill and fuel vent hoses installed
-Pulpit refinished with special UV-resistant Raka epoxy, then varnished (sacrificial top-coats)

-New mahogany laminate panel installed in helm cabin door
-New Bombardier fuel line primer bulb (best one on market)
-New Racor fuel/water separator see-thru & drainable bowl

NOTES:
1 - There are (68) projects/systems/items, e.g., tower, swim step or complete wiring, listed above as ‘new’! An additional (13) projects are custom additions to this boat!

2 - For all holes drilled through a wood-cored panel or bulkhead, all of the new holes were drilled over-sized, wetted out with thin epoxy, then filled with thickened epoxy and allowed to cure. The hole for the thru-bolt fastener was drilled through for the fastener body, leaving a permanent epoxy plug behind to always protect the hole and any wood core from potential water intrusion.

3 - There are 3-1/2 years of Suzuki factory warranty in effect and transferable to a new owner, only ~110-hours on the motor.

No tire-kickers or joy riders … or you can swim back to the dock on your own … For CP members-only, I'll start asking $36,000 or BRO. I don’t need to sell it, but am looking to downsize into a boat that I can store in my backyard. If you’ve ever dreamed of owning a big Parker with all of the ‘bling’ a boat could have … this Fall may be your chance! SERIOUS inquiries only!

Attachments

• 1-Mooring.jpg
    1-Mooring.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 14,843
  • 2-Mooring.jpg
    2-Mooring.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 14,844
  • 3-Beached.JPG
    3-Beached.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 14,843
  • 4-Beached.JPG
    4-Beached.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 135
Wow, that's quite a list of projects. Can you show us more pictures, including the interior and cockpit areas? What do you have for a head -- porta potty or holding tank?

Pictures added per request. There is a porta-potti in the main helm.

Attachments

• 5-Cockpit-LEDs.jpg
    5-Cockpit-LEDs.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 14,769
  • 10-Toe-Rails.jpg
    10-Toe-Rails.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 14,769
  • 6-Galley-Prep-Station.jpg
    6-Galley-Prep-Station.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 14,769
  • 7-Main-Helm.jpg
    7-Main-Helm.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 14,769
  • 8-LEDBacklit-Helm-Switches.jpg
    8-LEDBacklit-Helm-Switches.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 14,769
  • 9-V-Berth1.JPG
    9-V-Berth1.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 14,769
  • 9-V-Berth2.JPG
    9-V-Berth2.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 14,769
DaleH":1xt88ddg said:
Pictures added per request. There is a porta-potti in the main helm.

Thanks! Looks like you really took good care of her. Good luck with the sale.

I'm going to show these pics to the wife this weekend -- but I'm not at "tire kicker" "joy rider" stage yet. :lol:

Your boat is incredible, many great up grades. have my 2120 SC for sale right now and am hoping will be able to purchase a 25'. Currently have a good amount of interest and my plan is to be in the larger boat by spring when the tuna bite gets going here in Delmarva. When you have a chance I would value your opinion on the ride of your hull vs. the deep vee? I know this has been discussed at length on many forums but I am really interested in hearing your view.

Thanks

Capt. Yakes":7zx3jkv3 said:
Your boat is incredible, many great up grades. have my 2120 SC for sale right now and am hoping will be able to purchase a 25'.

Pretty sure Dale wants a 2120. 8) 8) 8)

Capt. Yakes":1slmhotr said:
Your boat is incredible, many great up grades.
Thanks! I appreciate that feedback …

Capt. Yakes":1slmhotr said:
When you have a chance I would value your opinion on the ride of your hull vs. the deep vee? I know this has been discussed at length on many forums but I am really interested in hearing your view.
Yeah, my mod-V may ride slower than a Parker deep-V or even the ‘Go Fast’ offshore boats, but I tell you this … when the weather has been so snotty out that I can’t stand up on my back deck to fish comfortably or safely, most of the deep-V/Go Fast boats had already left for the barn hours ago!

Sure they get out and back faster, but on snotty days, I have a far more stable platform to fish out of. Whatever hull you get, make sure you go with oversize tabs! Go wider –not deeper off the hull. My boat wears 24” wide (span) by 9” Depth (chord) Bennett Marine tabs. If I had to do it again, I would go up to 32” wide by 9” deep. I would NEVER go to 12” deep (projection off the hull) planes.

FACT – all tabs work by creating ‘lift’, but the by-product of lift is ‘drag’ and it has been proven time and time again that WIDER is better (given tabs of a similar surface area).

The limiting factor on Parker boats is that the helm station is so far forward, as compared to CCs or convertibles. Parker aficionados may not want to hear this .. but I don’t consider a deep-V Parker as an offshore boat. It sure is ‘offshore capable’, but that’s it.

If I were doing day in/day out true long runs offshore in major sea states, I’d go with one of 2 options – either a fast 24-degree CC or convertible that could cruise FAST to get out of trouble faster … or a true downeast boat, 32’+, with a big single diesel motor – that could get out there, stay out there – survive out there, and then get back in. Yeah, you might be chugging along at 20 nM max, but hulls like the Albin 26’ CC and 28’ TE were tested to be THE BEST riding hulls in offshore weather that the old PowerBoat Reports had ever tested.

Speed, comfort/amenities, and safety are the 3 main qualities inherent in a boat ... but you only get to choose 2 of them ...

Dale, is your boat the same one that is in the first picture that shows on the classic parker main web page? If so, I love that picture. Classy looking boat.

Badfish":15g7pyke said:
Dale, is your boat the same one that is in the first picture that shows on the classic parker main web page? If so, I love that picture. Classy looking boat.
Yes, same boat ... I've just added outriggahs and a tower since that picture was taken.

Robert Nichols":2q0s7yoz said:
Beautiful boat, is she still for sale?
Still for sale!

3 guys looking ... someone's going to get heck of a buy and hell of a boat at the same time :D !

Robert Nichols":1m8saom7 said:
Love the tower but how difficult would it be to remove?
For moving the boat (towing) or to remove forever?

Unfortunately it would be permanent. To get to my camp, requires boats to pass under a bridge (I'm guessing it only has about 9-10' of clearance). Does it come with a trailer?

I would love to come look at your boat but I'm in Alaska until late May. If you still have it then, I'm very interested.

Thanks
Robert Nichols
207 860-0506

Back