• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2004 Parker 2520 XL - modified vee for sale

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmjewett

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Empty Pockets is for Sale! I dearly love my 2004 2520 XL, modified vee Parker but I’ve been bitten by the offshore bug and want a bit more boat with twin engines, so my boat is up for sale. You all know the basic 2520 description. I don’t have many pictures and the baby is under winter shrink wrap for another few weeks. What sets this boat apart from others is the options and equipment:
• Please don’t start the deep vee versus modified vee chatter all over again. This boat is the 16 degree modified vee. I thought about it carefully before I bought. Yes, I guess the deep vee will ride better if you are pushing and the seas are rough. But I put on 250 hours a year, including 5 offshore trips last season as far as 100 miles. I’ve never felt I wanted to be out when the hull wasn’t riding comfortably And I get easier planning, better fuel economy (1.8 nautical miles per gallon), a more stable platform while fishing and the boat performs fine with a single engine. Cruise about 25 mph at 4500 rpm. Top speed is about 32 mph. 173 gallon fuel tank.
• Bennett 12 x 24 trims tabs installed 2013.
• Motor is Yamaha 225 hp 4 stroke F225, 2004 with 950 hrs. YES, THAT’S ONE OF THE YEARS THAT MAY BE AFFECTED BY THE CORROSION PROBLEM. BUT THIS ONE DOES NOT HAVE THE PROBLEM! I had the head removed at 750 hours and the exhaust tube inspected. It’s beautiful! And I have the pictures to prove it. Motor maintained religiously by previous owner and myself. All scheduled maintenance done. Injectors sent out for testing and reconditioning often (due in 2015). Water pump impellor changed every 2 years. Boat is hauled mid-season for an oil change and to check everything below the water line.
• 4 blade stainless prop and 2 spares from final prop selection process.
• Five Lowrance multi-function displays – 3 at the helm, 1 in the cockpit and 1 in the tower. 3 of the units are HDS Gen 2. The main helm unit is 10”, the other on the helm are 5”. The tower is 5” and the cockpit is 7”. Why so many? Well, partly because the guy who owned the boat before me was happy enough until he added radar. Then he want a bigger screen. So he kept the 2 displays (5”) he already had at the helm and added the 10” in 2012. Gotta have something in the tower. And I decided I really wanted something in the cockpit, 2013. So there are 5, all networked and working fine.
• Airmar TM270W 1KW transducer. Transom mounted.
• Structure scan transducer and control box
• Lowrance 4G Broadband radar 2012 (no tuning, no emissions, very low power draw)
• A spotting tower with full controls and custom set up for the outriggers. I recently added some bracing because the tower was flexing a bit when underway. Solid as a rock now. 4 rod holders up there. 5” display and compass. Tower comes off easily for storage or transport.
• Outriggers – Taco Grand Slam 270 bases with 15’ Taco telescoping black and gold rigger poles. Perfect condition. Full rigging. Custom mounting plates welded to the tower so the rigger bases are about 10’ off the water.
• Custom tackle cabinet replaced the co-pilot seat in the cabin. 33 graduated compartments that fit various Plano and other plastic boxes. See pictures during construction. Top is a chart table with a lexan swing up lid. I keep the Lexan covered with a non-slid piece of foam so it serves as a work spot for rigging. Still have the co-pilot seat which can be put back in place if you don’t want the tackle cabinet (why would any fisherman not want it?)
• Electric flush head and holding tank.
• In the cabin the electrical cabinet has been replaced with a new, larger cabinet. If you’ve ever tried to work in the standard wiring closet you know why! These days there is so much to go in there – networks, autopilot, etc – that I just had to have more space. A real joy to work in now and almost every circuit is labeled. Old cab goes with sale.
• There is another cabinet, about 16” tall, 12” deep and the width of the Port bulkhead where I store the emergency gear (flares, handheld VHF, backup GPS, first aid). This cabinet is at the top of the bulkhead.
• Seaspension helm pedestal – new 2014
• Raymarine autopilot – new 2014. Fully integrated into the network. Talks to the GPS so you can tell the autopilot to go to a waypoint and it all happens like magic.
• Fuel flow integrated with the Lowrance network and displays – new 2014
• VHF radio at helm
• Cockpit controls – full engine controls, steering and autopilot control.
• VHF radio in the cockpit
• Battery maintainer located in the cockpit control center
• Live well with timer controls – can easily be removed when not being used
• 4 standard gunnel rods holds and one additional swivel holder on the Port aft side.
• Cockpit sun awning
Makes me a bit sad to think of selling this boat but I can’t afford to own 2 boats and wouldn’t use them both anyway.
No trailer. Too damn big for that – beam is 9’6”, over width load in every state requires permits and a moose of a truck.
Now, I know there are some of you out there who just can’t pay the asking price. Gotta get something off. So for you the price is $51,000. For those of you who just want to know the real bottom line, it’s $46,000.
Boat is located in Wakefield RI and will go in the water in late April with fresh bottom paint. I could put it in earlier if someone wants to buy her before then.
Contact me: tomj at mainetalk dot com or 207 2four2 761two.
][{attachment=2]cabinetdone.JPG[/attachment]

Attachments

• InTheWater.JPG
    InTheWater.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 1,140
  • cabinetdone.JPG
    cabinetdone.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,140
  • Cabinet1.JPG
    Cabinet1.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 1,139
  • TowerBrace.JPG
    TowerBrace.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 1,138
Headed down this coming week - will take more pictures - still under shrink wrap but it's the inside stuff (helm, cabineets, electronics) that I figure people want to see. If there's a particular picture you would like to see let me know before Wednesday.

Back