• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2820 Parker Pilot house

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Palmer

Reaction score
2008 Parker 28 feet Pilothouse

Boat is in great shape! Has many custom upgrades such as a 5KW Westerbeke Genset, 1200 BTU Webasto Heat/ AC unit, custom bimini top, new two tone non skid, plus many more. This is the perfect boat for any area. The boat is powered by twin 2012 Yamaha F150 that are very fuel efficient, allowing the boat to be run off shore all day or a cheap evening cruise. The Webasto unit will keep the cabin and v berth very warm during those cold fishing days or the ac very chilly on the hot July/August day. Making this a year around boat for anyone. This is a must see in person boat to understand how special this boat is compared to another 2008 Parker. More photos .upon request.

Nice boat! With a gen set that's smart and rare! Should be an easy sale!

ish2dant":2y8fhn6w said:
What kind of performance do you get? Mpg, range, speed?
Is generator gas powered?
Where can I see the boat?

I'd also be curious about the performance numbers. You stated 40-45% better economy with the 150's over the 250's. So, with Yamaha bulletin and my own experience on my 2830, that puts you around 2.0 mpg?

That's amazing.

Sorry to wake up an old thread and go off topic but I’d really appreciate some more info on the genset and Ac/Heat install. Where did you mount everything and what did you use? Did you go gas or diesel on the genset? Anything you’d have done different? Looking at doing this to a 2830 and would like to get it right the first time.

Bass -

Sorry for going dark, we sold our last Parker 4 months ago and I just happened to drop in today. For both 2520 and 2820s, we used a Westerbeke 5kW gas genset, and mounted them centered on the aft deck. For the HVAC, we use a Webasto package that mounts under one of the jump seats in the pilothouse and plumb the distribution from there. The pump for the heat exchange is in the fore cabin under the deck using a through-hull. The system will freeze you out on the hottest of days, but the heat side sometimes needed to be helped with a West portable heaters on those single digit days. Mind you we were operating the boats 24/7 in 5-7 degree weather. The only thing we did differently between boats 1&2 and 3-5 was to add a couple of outlets on separate breakers for use in the pilothouse.

Linwood Parker was on several of our boats looking how we plumbed the systems - I believe they ended up putting the genset in the stern area, but otherwise it was very similar.

Of note, all 3 of the systems we installed work like a champ with their new owners. Both the Westerbeke and the Webasto systems are reliable and long-lived. We had over 9000 hours on several of the gensets before replacing them for customers. We rebuilt another that has over 7000 hours and it runs perfectly.

BoogPowell":ok4m9rrj said:
Bass -

Sorry for going dark, we sold our last Parker 4 months ago and I just happened to drop in today. For both 2520 and 2820s, we used a Westerbeke 5kW gas genset, and mounted them centered on the aft deck. For the HVAC, we use a Webasto package that mounts under one of the jump seats in the pilothouse and plumb the distribution from there. The pump for the heat exchange is in the fore cabin under the deck using a through-hull. The system will freeze you out on the hottest of days, but the heat side sometimes needed to be helped with a West portable heaters on those single digit days. Mind you we were operating the boats 24/7 in 5-7 degree weather. The only thing we did differently between boats 1&2 and 3-5 was to add a couple of outlets on separate breakers for use in the pilothouse.

Linwood Parker was on several of our boats looking how we plumbed the systems - I believe they ended up putting the genset in the stern area, but otherwise it was very similar.

Of note, all 3 of the systems we installed work like a champ with their new owners. Both the Westerbeke and the Webasto systems are reliable and long-lived. We had over 9000 hours on several of the gensets before replacing them for customers. We rebuilt another that has over 7000 hours and it runs perfectly.

Can you share some pictures of these setups?

That’s a properly rigged boat! Yes, please share pics of the set up. How many BTU was the HVAC set up?

Back