• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB 2830, 2530, or 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlesamorris22

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know it's a longshot but I really like the features of the 2830, particularly the enclosed head for the ladies. The last 2 I've missed sold very quickly. That said I need an outboard powered cabin model boat for cruising with the wife and 3 kids. Point me in the right direction! Thanks.

Charles

I exhaust most of those on a daily basis! The 2830 that was in Panacea, Fl just went under contract to a guy from Wicked Tuna, guess we might be seeing more of that one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlesamorris22":20h0n3wi said:
I exhaust most of those on a daily basis! The 2830 that was in Panacea, Fl just went under contract to a guy from Wicked Tuna, guess we might be seeing more of that one!

Hey Charles sorry to disappoint but I’m just a regular dude from Long Island NY. You won’t be seeing this 2830 on Wicked Tuna anytime soon. I feel your pain searching for this boat. I went through the same thing and missed a real gem in MA that sold for 39k sight unseen the day it was listed. This 2830 from FL is going to need some TLC and a lot of scrubbing but she’s perfect where it counts.

The dealer mentioned that one of the guys from wicked tuna bought it.....not sure if it will make it on the show or not though!
I did speak with Parker yesterday and got confirmation the 2830 is making a comeback....although they didn't give me a timeline. However, I asked that they build it similar to the cabin layout of the 3420 and they said that is what the prelim drawings are showing! Door to one side entering the cabin and an L-shaped settee instead of a dinette. Suits my needs better. I've got a wife and 2 daughters and a son, so the enclosed head is a request from the ladies. Always have a few friends on board too so the big cabin is ideal. I know there is no perfect boat and my needs will change with time, but for now that unicorn seems to be what I want/need.

I did ask them to put the second station somewhere else though...where it is on the 3420 it only seems good for backing down fish and not for docking.....unless you're about 7ft tall or more.

Charlesamorris22":1r5p3fdf said:
The dealer mentioned that one of the guys from wicked tuna bought it.....not sure if it will make it on the show or not though!
I did speak with Parker yesterday and got confirmation the 2830 is making a comeback....although they didn't give me a timeline. However, I asked that they build it similar to the cabin layout of the 3420 and they said that is what the prelim drawings are showing! Door to one side entering the cabin and an L-shaped settee instead of a dinette. Suits my needs better. I've got a wife and 2 daughters and a son, so the enclosed head is a request from the ladies. Always have a few friends on board too so the big cabin is ideal. I know there is no perfect boat and my needs will change with time, but for now that unicorn seems to be what I want/need.

I can assure you that you won’t see that 2830 on Wicked Tuna. Not sure where the story came from but it’s inaccurate. Although pretty funny.

Did you buy that one? If so, how sweet is that boat? I'm pretty convinced I might hold out for the new one. Taking a trip this weekend with my crowd of 5 plus another family with 2 small kiddos.....think I'm gonna need the room of the larger cabin.

Charlesamorris22":3pqj0378 said:
Did you buy that one? If so, how sweet is that boat? I'm pretty convinced I might hold out for the new one. Taking a trip this weekend with my crowd of 5 plus another family with 2 small kiddos.....think I'm gonna need the room of the larger cabin.

I did. It’s an amazing rig. This boat needs some TLC, some new cushions and a good detail but the hull and motors are in excellent condition. I’m not going to drop it in till the spring so I’m going to use this time to make her perfect. She’s a sweet boat for sure. ‘IF’ they make a new 2830(this has been talked about for a while) I wouldn’t expect much more space as it’ll essentially be the same boat. I know you mentioned a different set up than the dinette table but I doubt whatever it is will accommodate that many people in the wheelhouse. Have you looked at the 3420?

Congrats on finding the unicorn! I really only need the cabin for inclement weather....otherwise they'll be out in the sun! The 3420 is great, but at that price range it opens up a world of options outside of a glorified "work boat" per se. Down east boats are aplenty....wasn't that one used boat originally almost $350k? At that price I'd be shopping Back Coves or MJM's on the used market. Different boats I know but same purpose for me personally. I also wonder how the 3420 handles and performance numbers, none of which I've really researched. Congrats again.....lemme know if you don't want it!!!!

Thanks man and I agree with everything your saying about the 3420. Asking on a new 2820 uphere is 157k before electronics!!!! I’m thrilled to have the 2830 but she’s over 12 years old and been fished hard. You won’t be able to tell by the spring but you can tell now. Like I said earlier, the hull and motors are in excelent shape and that’s what’s most important. No corrosion on the 225’s and only 600hrs. It’s got furuno NavNet plotter/Radar and fish finder which is old school but reliable. The rest I’ll figure out as I go. If I decide not to keep her I’ll call you first but I wouldn’t hold your breath, this is my dream boat and I don’t think ill sell anytime soon. Looks like a mint 2830 washed up onto US1 in the keys which is sad. I have a pic just don’t know how to post here.

I've seen the pictures....saw 2 one from the side and one from the back, twin yam 225's with a tower on it! Doesn't look like it sustained too much damage either! Maybe I'll luck up and find it on the auction block!!!!

What's your email address and I'll forward you the email chain regarding the wicked tuna story!

Back