Hello from NJ

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reel Addiction

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello let me start by saying love the site I am currently looking to purchase a 25 Parker I am looking to get 2520 with a 300 the only dilemma I have is if I should get the deep v or modified. I will be doing my boating in the barnaget bay and some sharking out in the ocean. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a 2011 2510XL with a 300 Yamaha. I'm in Lanoka Harbor and fish the bay and out to the North Ridge and beyond.
90% of the time I'm happy with the modified hull. Even in the nasty stuff if you tab it properly and throttle back a bit it's not a bad ride home. I did put Seaspension seats in it and they help a lot.
Any other question email me at [email protected]

If you're looking at new hulls, the 16 degree hull works good both inshore or occasional offshore. The XLD is better offshore but uses a bit more fuel. In my opinion, I don't think the slightly better ride of the Deep V is worth the extra costs unless you are doing mostly mid/offshore trips.

If you're looking at an older hull, the 14 degree Mod V pounds on long inshore or offshore rides and you'll be wishing you got the deep V.

Mine is the older Deep V hull. It rides and drifts nice in the bay as well as the ocean. Going out of Barneget or Manasquan inlet, there's almost always a predominant southwest wind in the afternoon with a short chop. So even with the Deep V, you have to remember the boat is only 25 feet and you really won't be going fast with either hull.

Good luck with your decision and purchase.

Thanks for the info guys I finally got the boat in the water just have to get use to it coming from a bigger boat with twin inboard diesels. I was wondering at how many rpms do you cruise at my boat has twin 150s and its the 2520dv

Back