Re-Introduction be a good while since I checked in here

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodytoo

Reaction score
hello everyone, I am Bo and have had my 2003 2520xl for a long time. I bought it used and joined the forum in 2007 or so, and you guys helped guide me through a lot of fit out stuff. Well, the woodytoo is still running strong, and she looks really good. We originally bought it on the Chesapeake bay in deltaville, and I kept it at gwynn's island behind pulley marine on Milford haven. Lot's of striper, cobia, tautog, and flounder for sure up there!

A change in jobs brought us down to st Petersburg Florida, and we moved her down here and she spent the past few years or so at o'neils marina in st Pete. Great folks, and a completely different fishing opportunity with red and mangrove snapper, grouper, cobia, black fins tuna, amberjack, and king mac's.

Now we are beginning our next journey, and my wife and I bought a place on big pine key, and we just moved the woodytoo down there. Being from the mid-Atlantic, I always planned on retiring down toward hatteras or emerald island area. But after a couple trips down to the keys, we really think we landed in paradise. So now we are changing up our fishing targets again.

Sorry about the ramble, but it kind of brings back to why I am going to get active on the forum again. I have fished the 2520xl pretty hard for a weekend warrior, and living on the gulf coast gives us plenty of beautiful and relatively calm water to fish in. We spent most of our time hunting for good hard bottom and structure in <150 of water. Now down in the keys we will be primarily targeting pelagics 150 to >1,000 feet, and the reef dwellers 25 - 150 feet.

My electronics are aging, so I am thinking about an uplift this year. I have also been thinking about a small break down leaning post with controls on the pilot house, and additional shade. Plus I have a ton if normal wear and tear, So I will most likely lean on you folks for advice.

So hello all, glad to be back.

My ride:

2520 Xl, 2002
Armstrong gill bracket
Yamaha f225 - no corrosion!!!! 1850 hours
Lenco tabs
Sea star helm
Owens and sons dual axel trailer

Furino Fcv620 color sonor, airmark b60 transducer
Garmin gpsmap 3210
Raymarine s1000 fishing pilot
North Star b210 fuel flow computer
Icom vhf

Loaded up read to head for the keys!

Safely in her new home, spiffy new lift eh?!,,

I am a two timer! We picked up the little skiff for the skinny water! Fun!!!!

hey i am looking at the same boat and I'm just wondering what your performance numbers are like what speed your doing at what rpms. thank you.

Back