2520 XLD on order

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tighten Up

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank you guys for your influence with our recent order of 2520 XLD. Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. ETA is late May delivery. You guys have guided me through most all of the decisions regarding options, engine choice & rigging. Have a very solid start & look forward to fishing her to tweak any additional layout & items to add. Here's what we've ordered.
- twin 200's (digital) with one led display for gauges
- windlass
- 2nd station
- seaspension seat
- rocket launcher with 2 spreader lights
- tackle storage cabinet
- bench seat in pilot house & folding bench seat in cockpit
- west coast bow rail
- horizon blue hull
- 42" led spot/flood light bar
- 2 Simrad 7" touch screen displays with side scan, autopilot, wifi & vhf networked
- sea sucker iPad mount to use iPad as extra screen/2nd station display
- lee jr outriggahs with 19' extra stiff poles; compliments to Megabyte & others by photos for inspiration

Undecided items
-rod holder mount or quick release base mounts for downriggahs
- teaser reel style & where to mount them (leaning toward clamp on style mounted on cabin grab rail or backward side of the bow rail)

Thanks again to all for advice & posting pics on this site. Speaking of pics, I'll post finished product pics when I get her. In the meantime, here are a few factory tour pictures. Well...maybe not. Pics file size too large.

Getting closer. Port strike on the west coast has one engine delayed. Here are a few pics from the factory. Have any of you guys added a custom second rocket launcher??? If so....any pics? Anyone you would recommend for that in the Morehead City area?? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 836
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 836
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 836
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 836
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 836
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 836
Sweet ride!

That hull color was a favorite of my wife during our factory tour back in Feb.
Heres hoping you get that other motor soon!

Progress.....the boat is out of the factory & off to electronics and rigging. Engine arrived, but the props are backordered. Can't wait to go fishing. Rolling out of Beaufort June 6th headed to fish Hatteras for 6 days. Thanks for the comments on her. Still not 100% settled on a name. We are in the concrete business so "Miss Crete" is favored by my dad. My brother & I prefer "Tighten Up". I'm just ready to fish...we can call it "Bucktooth Betty" for all I care.

Almost there!! Next picture should be on the water. Teaser reels should go on today to finish her off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 765
That is sharp, and all the bells and whistles too!! I'm in Beaufort as well, maybe we can buddy up sometime for a stream run.

Three days of fishing complete on Miss Crete. Figured out the layout on her and had great fishing each day. Very pleased with the boat. Thanks again to you guys for sharing the info on your boats. It helped me tremendously with the layout & option selection on mine. One of my against the grain decisions worked out great. The 42" LED spot/flood light mounted on the roof is the cat's meow. I'll post some pics of the finished product & a few fish that went in the box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 680
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 680
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 680
MarkA":uyac2kgw said:
That is sharp, and all the bells and whistles too!! I'm in Beaufort as well, maybe we can buddy up sometime for a stream run.
Absolutely good for a stream run. Just let me know. I'm about a month from being able to get back on the water. I coach baseball so we are back at it since graduation is behind us.

Pulled in next to you at the boathouse a couple days ago. It looks even better in 'person'. It's huge next to mine. Looked like you had been chasing hoos - any luck there? Always looking for fishing buddies so keep me in mind.

Hey Mark,

Sorry for the late reply. Good to know another CP site guy in the area. That would have been my brother in October as I was chasing ducks in Canada. Think that was the time they caught a couple in the 50 lb range. Thanks for the compliment on the boat, I'm very pleased with it except I don't step on it enough. Too busy to fish is a real problem!! I'll will be going down after Christmas if it's too warm to duck hunt. Take care & Merry Christmas!!

Which teaser reels did you go with and where did you end up mounting them?

For the past few years we have been using Penn fishing reels clamped to the cabin grab rails. I'm looking for a better solution.

I went with Maxel's. If you go that route, buy some extra drag washers. Not 100% sure if it is a design flaw or operator error in the chaos of the bite, but likely somebody forgets to loosen them before reeling up the teaser and strips the drag washers. They have been great otherwise. Think they are mounted in the best location also. Let me know if you have any other questions. Here is a link. http://www.maxelfishing.com/products?ca ... out=single

Attachments

• teaser reel.JPG
    teaser reel.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 280
Back