Proud New 2120 Owner

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjo

Reaction score
I have been a lurker on this forum for many months so I went ahead and registered as a member today. Earlier this month I finally made the plunge and purchased a new 2015 Parker 2120 from Dave at Hilton Head Boathouse in Hilton Head, SC. I took delivery on May 8th. and so far I have enjoyed putting on about 18 break in hours. My boat came with the Yamaha F200XB Motor and optioned with Pulpit W/Roller, Rocket Launcher, Seaspension Seat, Spreader Light, Port Windshield Vent and the Dealer added the complete Garmin 471XS Electronics Package with HD Radar. My next addition will be some sort of Windlass and after much research on this forum and others I think that i have it narrowed down to either a Lewmar Pro Fish 700 or one of the free fall Good models. Dave quoted me an installed price of $3400 for the Lewmar V700 but that seemed a bit high to me and I think that I would prefer a free fall unit. Any and all advice on this decision will be greatly appreciated.
BTW I could not be more satisfied and pleased with the whole deal, service, installation and delivery process I have received from Dave and the guys at the Boathouse, 110%!!! Also the quality and performance of this boat has exceeded my expectations so far.
Thanks,
Mike
[email protected]
13 B Assembly Row
Beaufort,SC

I have had mine for 10 years I will die with this boat. I do not need anything larger, been there done that years ago. Congratulations on your new ride post some pictures when you get a chance. Welcome Aboard !
" Bean "

Congrats on your new ride. 3400 for a profish 700 is high. The unit itself runs about 750. I will say one of the most important things is use 8 plaite rode for this windlass and you will be trouble free, 3 strand will cause you problems. Look on ebay, Seco South sells there and much cheaper than ordering from them directly. Go with a Delta Quick Set and you will be good to go.
Welcome and best of luck, a lot of great people on this site.

Congrats on your new boat. The pro fish 700 is a free fall unit. I installed mine myself for 1500.00 including 400' of 8 plait, 25' chain. 40' 6awg wire. The hardest part was drilling the 3" hole thru the bow. Use the search field and look up windlass and my user name and the post will come up. I took pics of the process and where I purchased everything. Good luck.
Rick

old timer here, hope you are enjoying the boat. I am scheduled for delivery of the same hull next week and am looking forward to getting set up. Fished a 21 se for the past 15 years and traded in on the new 21 sport cabin. Can tell you from years of experience that parkers are overbuilt, honest boats that are built to last. This was the reason for me to stick with the company in the recent purchase. Good luck.

I have had my 2120 for the last 10 years and could not be happier. I've had it 15 miles offshore and fished the shallows in 2 feet of water. Love it in the winter and summer. Fished it from the Chesapeake bay to the Keys (trailering of course). I'm 58 years old and have informed my sons to expect to inherit that boat. You'll be happy with yours too I'm sure.

Welcome to the club.

Steve

Banjo,

I purchased the same exact package in October of 2015 new also. The only difference is I got a Garmin 74SV package with no radar. How do you like the Garmin you received. I was thinking about adding radar but my Garmin is not compatible with radar. I am a big bottom fisherman and I was wondering if your unit is equal to mine on the sonar fish finder end at the Garmin 74SV. I also may add a windlass this summer.

Welcome neighbor! Hope to see you soon. I've been very pleased with Dave and the whole crew at the boathouse. And the cold beers at the bar are the best after a couple hours in the sun!

Back