2820 XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boatkip

Reaction score
Getting close to ordering a new 2016 2820 XLD my first Parker..Any advice? Should I consider the bow thruster? Any experience? What about the suspension seats. I'm hearing a lot about rough rides. I'll be running out of Port Charlotte, Fl

I am concerned about the lack of AC options.

any thing I should avoid or not live with out.

Current config is twin 300's
Lewmar windlass
Garmin 7612XSV package with 24 radar

Has anyone fitted it with the Shur Shade RTX retractable sun shade on the cockpit

Do it. LOL

I recently ordered a new 2520XL and here's what I'm getting:

2520XL
Single 300
Anchor windlass
Trim tab indicators
AM/FM radio
Open back with canvas drop
Free standing 2nd station
Rocket launcher
Spreader lights
West coast bow rail
Ship starboard rear seat loose
Garmin 1040XS GPS/DF/FF
Garmin 100 VHF
Go Light stryker remote spot light

For my needs, I much prefer the open back design but that's just me. The open back comes with curtains as well. I'm also getting the rear starboard seat delete to really open up the cabin though the seat will be shipped loose in the event the next owner wants it.

Good luck...

Oh, forgot, I believe the boat comes standard with a fixed port front window. I ordered the optional opening window.

Edit: Scratch that, dual operable windows are standard on the 2016's.

Don't believe the lack of AC should diminish your enjoyment. Unless you are a cruiser. In which case, do not buy the Parker. Parkers are really down and dirty fishing vessels. Yeah, I can keep my wife and grandkids happy for a little cruise, but if you want cruise and spend time at the dock, go somewhere else. My opinion. Good luck!

The bow thruster is a nice option, but with twins it's a bit of a luxury item.

I just picked up a new 2016 2820 today withe twin 300's. Ended up getting the upgraded Parker seat and the seasepension both helm and passenger they are a must have. Even with only 2' chop made a big difference today. Don't think the thruster is needed with the twins it was my first time in the harbor today and it was fine

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 256
Get the thruster. It's much harder to add it later. One day you will be happy you have it. If you don't add it, one day you will find yourself wishing it was there.
Having said that, too many people rely on bow (and stern) thrusters and never learn to operate their boats in a seaman-like manner.

I agree with stated comments: autopilot trumps bow thruster in my opinion. W/ the twin 300's you'll see real nice cruise numbers and probably burn 1.6-1.8mpg fishing load.

Back