Introducing myself !!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainVlad

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am Vlad, from Jacksonville, FL and I can finally say that I am a proud owner of a 2002 Parker 2520 XL. I fell in love with the Parker brand after seeing one here back in 2013 in Jacksonville boat show, but was then out of my price range...

I got my hand on retired one from the naval station in St Mary, GA and after few months of hard work, I have successfully recommissioned her. I have upgraded the 225 HP to a 250 while still keeping the 20 HP kicker.

I have taken her out few times already, took her to St Augustine couple of weeks ago - a total different ride from the 2250 CC Raven I had before - and plan to take her to the Bahamas during the summer.

Attachments

• IMG_5501.JPG
    IMG_5501.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_5502.JPG
    IMG_5502.JPG
    303.6 KB · Views: 260
Congrats on the new addition. Have you made any mods? Lots of valuable info here. Good luck.

Thank you for welcoming me to the family guys...

I haven't made any mod to it as of yet as I am still getting refitted. I have been looking at pictures from other members who have worked on theirs so I have a clear idea of what I wanna do next to mine.

Very nice Parker and welcome to the club. You wont regret the purchase you have just made. I am in cali but our club member just to jacksonville and loves to fish.

Vlad looks like you found a nice one!!! One project that you should put on the top of your list is ventilating the cabin. Leaving a Parker closed up especially in humid locations just creates mildew and staining. For cheap I purchased these rain shields by sea worthy products and leave the cabin windows open all year long, hopefully yours still have the screens in them. These stick on with an adhesive tape and mine have been on for 4 years with no problem. There are tons of useful posts on the subject. Anything you need post up and someone will help you out. Congratulations Mike

Attachments

• IMAG1453.jpg
    IMAG1453.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 152
  • rain sheild.jpg
    rain sheild.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 152
Back