Newbie looking for Parker Advise

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All & Happy New Year:

Sold my custom 26' Blackman Billfisher a couple years ago, now I am ready to be a boat owner once again. Looking to downsize, something I can handle by myself (retiring after 32 yrs. municipal fire dept. here in L.A.) Thinking of the 2120 but like the idea of an enclosed transom on the 23'. Any pros and cons of the two models? I have a 15'x30 RV carport. Local coastal and island fishing.

Thanks

Mike

Happy New Year!
I found myself in the same dilemma last year, after going from an Osprey 30LC to a Farallon 25 I wanted an island worthy boat I could also use in skinny water. After a lot of research and travel to climb on and poke around, my buddy and I both came to the conclusion that there was no comparison, the 2320 was the boat. Both of us bought one last fall. After taking it out a couple times I was very happy I didn't go with the smaller boat. Fishes or Dives 4 comfortably. Easy to tow, easy to maintain, awesome boat....no wonder its so hard to find used ones for sale!

Happy New Year!
I found myself in the same dilemma last year, after going from an Osprey 30LC to a Farallon 25 I wanted an island worthy boat I could also use in skinny water. After a lot of research and travel to climb on and poke around, my buddy and I both came to the conclusion that there was no comparison, the 2320 was the boat. Both of us bought one last fall. After taking it out a couple times I was very happy I didn't go with the smaller boat. Fishes or Dives 4 comfortably. Easy to tow, easy to maintain, awesome boat....no wonder its so hard to find used ones for sale!

Ghetto Fireman":ymadq3uj said:
........ Any pros and cons of the two models?.....
Are you planning to tow or keep her in a slip? Although I wish for more space at times, the 2120 allows me to trailer and launch it solo in the off season. Is a dream to tow and launch by myself. Don't even know it's back there most times. I guess it comes down to how many you plan to have on the boat most times. "sometimes less is more"

Honestly, there are only 2 reasons not to get the 2320 vs the 2120. Money/cost considerations and about 1K of extra weight to tow. I launch and load my 2120 probably 15 to 20 times a year by myself and I just don't think I would have any more trouble doing it if it was a 2320. From the cabin doors forward the boats are identical. All of the difference is in the deck size and transom. You didn't mention if you are looking at new or used 2120's? As you may know, they changed the transom layout on the 2120's a few years ago. As to the difference in the ride of the 2 boats I can only speak to the 2120 and I've been very happy with mine. It's a tough little boat that can run to the stream (conditions permitting)and get into skinny water as well as any 19 to 23 deep V will. IMO, deck size for fishing and a closed transom and bracket mounted motor 2320 vs a notch and a.....semi closed or open notch depending on the year 2120, are the decisions to be made. If you get a 2320 I would recommend at least a 250hp but 300 is best and a 200 or 225 for a 2120. These are heavy boats and you will not be happy skimping on power. JMO. Good luck.

Last year I stepped up to the 2320 with a yamaha 250 four stroke on a bracket. I was lucky to fine a used 2006 boat and motor in outstanding condition.. Prior to this boat, I had a 21 Dual console Seaswirl Striper. I always trailer and make at least 4 trips a week during the summer while fishing the commercial season. I launch by myself 90% of the time. My biggest concerns with upgrading was that the 2320 was was going to be too much boat for the daily 25 minute hauls to the ramp with my 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 and that I would no longer be able to handle the launching and pulling out by myself. Well after completing my first season, I can say that I didn't have the issue with either. The boat actually was much easier to handle at the ramp then my old smaller boat. The biggest reason was the guide poles on the new trailer. Once I pulled the boat forward and stuck it between the guides, it was securely lined up and there was no swing of the stern with the wind. After it stuck, I could throw the lines on and hop of the dock. A simple walk down the trailer to hook the cable and then hand cranking it up the roller trailer and done deal. The floating docks at the ramps I use are a huge plus but without a doubt guide poles have made it 100% easier then my old set up!.. So to me, I've learned it's all about the trailer! Don't make the mistake I did and feel intimidated by it's size.. This boat has been absolutely everything I hoped it would be and is very manageable single handily. As for as the power of the 250, I'm also completely satisfied with the performance and the way it pushes this boat.
Good Luck!.. Hope my opinion helps..

I too will be looking at a pre-owned Parker. 2120's are much easier to find here in California. Don't mind having one shipped for he right boat. I plan on putting a 60 gallon bait tank in her so maybe the 23 is the way to go. Going to keep it on a trailer, slip fees are getting ridiculous. What years should I avoid? Did the ever change construction techniques?

It really comes down to the boat and the condition its in... I searched for over a year before finding mine. They did change the cabin lay out back in the early 2000-2005. Search this site. there was a post for milky2884 last year who posted his 2320 for sale at the time. (older model but was in mint condition) Within the post, the difference between older and newer models is explained and shown with photo's. Check it out as it helps as you navigate through the process. From my experience. there are used ones that do come up but when they do, they don't last long and without much wiggle room, if any in the the asking price.

Obviously both great boats for what they can do. Hard not to advise to go 2320 now, for what it sounds like your history was and future usage will be.

Thanks for the insight, I'll start looking for a 23. Clean one on Pittsburg craigslist, emailed the seller a couple of times. Great price, looks like new Yamaha. Maybe a scam??

Best

Mike

Mike, I looked at the one on Craigslist. Looks clean. Lower price probably because it doesn't have a bow pulpit or 2nd opening front window and it has a 200 Yam 2 stroke. It's still a good price for this year and model though. When I said not to get a 2320 with less than a 250 I didn't consider the 2 strokes which have a weight/power advantage vs 4 strokes. That said, I would still not get a 2320 with less than 250HP. It's not a good enough deal if it's underpowered. Im thinking about that bait tank you want to add which won't help any with the power situation. JMO. Good luck with your search.

You will like either model. If something changes you cant beat a 2320, 2520 0r 2530 for off shore.

We bought our 2320 (kinda like 2330 or 2320 extended cabin) in Sarasota from a motivated seller and quickly closed the deal. We boat and fish in Charlotte Harbor area and have not gone very far out into the Gulf.

If the listing is legit, She appears to be in great shape with nice trailer.. Would think it's only touched fresh water if it's been in that area since new. Is the motor a 2005 as well? Only 123 hours means it hasn't been used much! With bottom paint, maybe it sat on a slip on the river and was never run too much.. I think the 2 stroke motor is a reflection of the lower price however, still seems like a good price for the shape it appears to be in. Also, not sure how the 200 2 stroke would push her but someone out there can probably answer that for you.

4th time it's no reply for the Craigslist ad in Philly. . Guess it's a scam. 23 just listed on THT website. 200 Yamaha, seems underpowered and I am not a big fan of a roller trailer. Asking 56k

Probably so... Ran across a few of them during my search as well!.. You didn't mention the year of the one for 56K? If it is a four stroke 200 then I would pass.. Based upon my research and now my experience with my 250 four stroke, I would not go any less than that or you will feel the boat is under powered. Not sure about the two stroke answer though? Patients is the name of the game, the right boat at the right price will come along and when it does, you'll be glad you waited..

Back