New member from OBX

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

750line

Reaction score
Hey fellas, first post and hopefully not my last.
Going to buy a boat down in Florida this coming weekend and want to make sure I'm not messing up or am getting a decent deal etc...

2001 23DVCC
2001 250 OX66
674 hours
2011 Aluminum trailer
Boat cover
New Garmin and Furuno electronics
Leaning post
Low bow rail
Open front bow no forward storage

Hopefully the pictures aren't too small, as I had to resize them.

Owner has had it for 8 years, been kept on a lift until 4 months ago then put on the trailer.

This will be my first boat. Just trying to make a good purchase, I have read a ton on at CP.

Also requested the seller to send me a bilge picture and under engine cowling.
Thanks

If I get it, which I will unless I'm warned otherwise, will do the typical modifications for the 23dvcc.
Permatrim
Rev 4 17
Bigger Tabs
Forward bunk on trailer

Does this seem like a decent boat for the price?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 253
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 254
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 253
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 253
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 253
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 253
Additional hour meter, outrigger mounts, & bow pictures

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 251
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 243
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 232
It worries me the seller has had the boat on a lift for 8 years in the sun with no cover. He says he had a cover on the leaning post and engine. Waxed the boat 3 times a year.

He also says he lived 6 miles off of a river and rinsed the ox66 by driving home through the canals. That worries me

Would appreciate some help guys.
Boat is in Port St. Lucie

Judging from the photos, the boat looks like it has been well maintained (and it has all of the good 'bits' too).
Those OX66 motors are bullet proof. I have a 1997 model year 225 on the back of my 2520 that runs strong.
As with anything, maintenance is key.

Judging from the photos, I think you scored a very nice 23 DV.

I do not see a price mentioned to comment on, but the boat looks to be in fantastic condition. I am assuming you have not seen the boat personally yet. If this is your first boat as you mentioned, find a marine surveyor in the area to take a look at the boat for you, $600.00 will provide a great piece of mind. water intrusion into the hull is big deal and needs to be looked for among other things. Find a yamaha mechanic or dealer close by that he can drop the boat off to that can take a look at the motor for you. a surveyor may be able to help you with this, again that should be done. I do this when ever I buy a boat, you may wind up putting out $1,000 on inspections but if something is found it gives you the opportunity to either renegotiate the deal or walk away. It beats getting it home and finding out you need to dump another 10K into it, which is not hard to do. As many boat owners already know, buying a boat is the easy part, its everything else that comes with it that's the hard part. Just my point of view, Good luck Mike

What Mike said!
I have a brother-in-law who has a hard time grasping the concept. He keeps buying boats without a survey. He is attracted to the low price and then spends a small fortune on the boat getting it to where he wants it. He never gets his $$ back out of the boat. He just put 2 new 225 Yami 4-strokes on his latest acquisition because he bought a boat with no inspection whatsoever. Fortunately, I guess he can afford to do this.
I know none of us do this boating stuff to save money but still.....

I couldn't agree more about getting a marine survey. Disclaimer – I am Marine surveyor, though I don't do pre-purchased surveys, and haven't in years. I'd be happy to recommend a surveor in that area. Send me a PM.

Back