Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
New member here; I've followed Classic Parker since October, 2016 when we sold/our 35' CT that we (wife and I) owned since 1988. I had my heart set on getting a relatively new, and well equipped, Parker 2520 XLD, and found a 2013/2014 model in northern VA, off the Potomac River; will be bringing it back via the Chesapeake, to our home in eastern NC when the marina finishes the bottom job, and I can get the time to go back up there to get it....

You guys are a wealth of information, and I much appreciate having access to all of this combined "local knowledge".... I have so many questions I'm not sure where to start, but so far most of them have been answered the ClassicParker archives..... I'm 63, and want to learn how to fish better; I'd figured I'd best start by getting a fishing boat, and everyone I know recommends a Parker....

Our last boat was a 35' CT Sundeck cruiser, (28 yrs) and I "fished" off its Avon dinghy/tender. Before that, a 27' Albin (2 years) before that a 22' Renken-Fish (5 years... I know! not such a great boat, but the 470 Merc I/O was great; 3-berth cuddy, and we were in our 20's), before that 16' Imperial (6 years). Before that, my brothers 15' Larsen (in the 1960's)... Along with the Parker, we still have a variety of smaller boats from 3, 8' row/sail dinghy's, a 1690 Sears 12' alum. w/9.9, 15' Heritage, and kayak.... Our new (to us) Parker will be the "pride of our fleet"....

I thank you all in advance for sharing all your Parker-Know-How! This kind of information-access did not exist in the 'ol days...
Andy

Welcome Andy, and stop stealing our boats off the Potomac river LOL. Best of luck and post a few pics of her when you can.

John

Congratulations on your latest addition and welcome to the Classic Parker community!

Welcome Andy, and stop stealing our boats off the Potomac river LOL. Best of luck and post a few pics of her when you can.

John
Hi Johnkn, I know this response is very late, but I didn't know how to reply when you first welcomed me, and I've just now 'revisited' this section.... I was laughing about your comment about 'stealing' boats from the Potomac. But you are correct because that is where the boat was located; we brought the boat from Northern Neck to eastern NC in the dead of winter; I LOVE the pilothouse!... I am an avid ClassicParker fan; I thank all of you for the help you provide.

Congratulations on your latest addition and welcome to the Classic Parker community!
Hi Megabyte, I'm now responding to some very old 'welcome's'. I didn't know how to respond when I first came to ClassicParker... Thank you for the warm welcome, and thank you for all the help and expert advice. (I've heard you have the cleanest Parker in 'the fleet'! I'll aspire to do as well! ☺)

Back