Cabin drain

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frogmore916

Reaction score
I seem to always see water when I look down into cabin drain, why isn't this water getting to bilge ? Most does, just don't understand why all doesn't. Thanks guys

Frogmore916":3ddh3y36 said:
I seem to always see water when I look down into cabin drain, why isn't this water getting to bilge ? Most does, just don't understand why all doesn't. Thanks guys
I get the same thing. When trailering past couple months, it isn't until I tilt the trailer up in order to unhook the coupler ball, that the bilge slowly drains over the course of a couple days. I collected almost a full 5-gallon bucket with the rear drain plug out. This may have been from the wet rode draining slowly. The fwd cabin bilge seems to drain through a small pvc pipe between stringers, into the rear bilge.

Frogmore916":1x97165f said:
Thanks, I forgot about rode locker draining through there as well.
Once the boat was out of the slip since mid November, and the bilge drained thoroughly, I would come back from a day on the water without anchoring and the bilge wouldn't drain anything. That tells me that the rub rail is sealed well too. I normally don't put a bucket under the drain plug to catch the water, but during the cold months the barn floor can take over a week to dry. That's when I noticed just how much water collects in the bilge.

Take a pressure washer & place in drain opening in anchor locker. Blow it out then put a stainless cupped screen over drain hole in cabin. This will keep debris from clogging up tube that runs under deck. You can buy at hardware store I put mine in years ago with a little silicone took care of this problem.

" Bean "

My 25 is bow heavy so at rest the water doesn't drain to the stern bilge but collects under the cabin floor. I think most SC collects water under the cabin at berth.

Back