New member from Tn

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hedgehog

Reaction score
Greetings from Chattanooga (Lake Nickajack). We are avid boaters and interested in a 25 ext cabin. We currently have a 60' 1974 Chris Craft Roamer, 18' 1973 Donzi X-18, 13 Whaler and 35' 2001 Fountain Lightning (for sale). We are looking for a good 4 seasons boat. My wife and I LOVE the idea of a Parker!

Please be patient as I ask questions. I appreciate all feedback.

Welcome! 2530's and 2830's are great boats.

johnkn":2kmyw77w said:
Welcome! 2530's and 2830's are great boats.

Love the 2530!

What's the deal on single vs twins. I will mostly be using it for 4 season inland waterway boating so I don't need a twin. Or do I?

Intuitively and looking at cruise number no. Big difference on resale?

For your application at 2520 mod V with a single 250 or 300 would be ideal. You don't need the Deep V for your inland waters... you'll love the enclosed cabin: your waterfront retreat. The 2530 and the 2830 are "extended cabin" versions. They are extra nice if you have family / friends on board and want to escape the elements. If it's just you and your wife (maybe your dog or two) then consider the 2120...it's a battle ax. I've owned one and fished it 60 miles offshore in the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.

Hi Hedge!
Welcome to the group. Lots of knowledge here and you will learn a ton.

We LOVE our 2520XL. Plenty of room for the wife and I. If we have guests aboard it's great having the two extra jump seats in the pilothouse. Nobody sits outside when we run. It's always cold in Maine! Great to be out of the wind and weather.

Back