Almost a new owner in So Calif

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djam

Reaction score
Placed a downpayment on a new Parker 2320 yesterday, we should take delivery in a few weeks (8-10). I've been looking at buying my first boat (used) for a couple of years and eventually we decided to buy a new one instead. We are in southern california and excited about the boat and have plans on fishing a lot. I'm interesting in hearing how everyone has customized the cabin to make more space. I heard someone came up with a way to extend the bench so it is a bed.

Dave

Congrats Dave, you're going to love that boat. Lots of 2320 info here. Take care.

Congrats on your purchase decision Dave. The 2320 is a great boat. What power are you going to put on it? The 250 will get the job done just fine but if you can swing it, put the 300 on it. Enjoy and post pics.

shawnee83":2jxmpzer said:
Congrats on your purchase decision Dave. The 2320 is a great boat. What power are you going to put on it? The 250 will get the job done just fine but if you can swing it, put the 300 on it. Enjoy and post pics.

lucky the wife let me put the 300 on it, every piece of advice was no one ever wished for a smaller motor.

djam":3urumtgc said:
My wife and I met Robin Parker at the Fred Hall show, such a nice lady. Had a great conversation.

Good call on the 300. I think you will be very happy with your 2320. I had the pleasure of meeting Robin at a local restaurant a few years ago and again at the Charleston boat show. She is indeed a nice lady and she was very gracious in talking to me about Parker's. I've seen Lynwood around town but I've never actually met him. I took plant tour about 3 years ago and it's very impressive. I drive by the plant every time I go to Beaufort and my boat is stored about a mile down the road from it. If you get a build date or can give me a heads up that it's on the line I'll stop by the plant and take some pics for you if I can swing it.

Hi shawnee83, that would be really cool. I'm hoping to get that information in the next week or so. We placed the downpayment Friday so I assume it will be a few days before we get a confirmation from my dealer/Parker. I was debating about flying out for a visit, but figured I'd be better spending that money on upgraded electronics instead of airfare, hotels, etc.

Djam, I probably won't be in Beaufort until the 1st of May. If the timing is good I'll do my best. You are probably wise to save the funds for al, the stuff you are going to add. It's always more than you think and never seems to end. That's what my wife tells me anyway :lol:

shawnee83":3p2ih5df said:
Djam, I probably won't be in Beaufort until the 1st of May. If the timing is good I'll do my best. You are probably wise to save the funds for al, the stuff you are going to add. It's always more than you think and never seems to end. That's what my wife tells me anyway :lol:

I spent most of my money on boats and women.
The rest I just wasted!

rwp48":7n5mh01n said:
shawnee83":7n5mh01n said:

I spent most of my money on boats and women.
The rest I just wasted!

I like that a lot Randy. I'm going to have a plaque made for the man cave.

I'm learning how much I don't know about owning a boat, I was part of a rental fleet for 3 years, but now I'm finding all types of things I never paid attention to, for example, what is the best cleaner for boats, it was always provided, especially for getting fish blood off of them. If anyone has suggestions on new owner websites I'd appreciate the links or guidance. I

Various type of boat soap out there that are bio friendly and not so hard on the wax. A little bleach on the decks for fish blood if the soap doesn't get it out.

Got an update today, still looking at a mid may delivery, hoping for a firm date next week. Starting to accumulate "boat stuff" at home, wife is getting a little annoyed.

Took delivery of my boat on Friday, it was the best day off work I've taken since I got married to my admiral!

I've been in a boat club for about 4 years and fishing around for 15, this is my first boat and of all the boats I've been on it is easily the best one, maybe because it is mine. The dealer, West Coast Marine, Kevin Kelly, took great care of me and spent pretty much the entire day with me and the boat, showing me all the different features and functions of the boat. After years of pulling on an anchor, the windlass might be my favorite part, but I do like the roar of the 300 too. We only had 30 gallons of fuel, but it popped up on plane so fast and handled great.

Yesterday we did the christening, with my mom and mother in law doing the honors, it was a little dorky, but everyone had a great time. We cruised with slightly more than the maximum number of people with no issues in the harbor and then I spent some time at the fuel dock topping off the tank, $$ ouch $$. 4 bills later we are ready to start fishing, maybe tomorrow, or it may have to wait until Thursday as tomorrow is my mom's birthday and wife was giving me the serious frown when I mentioned I wanted to go fishing on my new boat. Got some hot dope on yellowfin and bluefin not too far from the harbor, but out of the realm where people are looking.

I love my boat, the process was fantastic and I loved getting the weekly photos from Robin at Parker as my boat was built. Turn over was great and other than 1 tiny issue, which is being addressed I've not found a single issue. The quality looks great.

TLDR : First time boat owner very happy.

*Ill post some pictures later. I'm neck deep in my master's program and it's kicking my butt. Of course acceptance came 2 weeks after the downpayment. So juggling a demanding job, new boat and school.

Dave

Back