New owner: 2510 XLD with twin 150's Kelleys Island Ohio

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kk42079

Reaction score
Just put a downpayment on a new 2510 XLD with twin 150's. I'm a new business owner on Kelleys Island in the western basin of Lake Erie and plan on using the boat as my three season commuter (and for family, fishing, fun, etc.). I've been a fan of Parker for many, many years since growing up in New England. I'm very happy to finally have one on the hook. Lake Erie is not a pleasant body of water whenever the weather pipes up (long fetch, relatively shallow - makes for short period, square waves) so hoping the XLD takes it well. Parkers are a strong choice of the walleye boys around here, so I'm pretty confident in my choice. I don't mind a bit of pound - seaworthy and relatively dry are bigger for me. Thanks for the forum - looks like an incredible community.

Welcome to the forum. You will find an amazing amount of information here. I have the exact same boat, year 2015. I love the boat, the cockpit is like a dance floor. I would look into getting Permatrims; it really allows you to control the bow, especially in a short chop. I put them on after the first 2 months...made a huge difference in the way the boat handles. I now can control 'her' attitude by just trimming the engines, rather than the tabs.

Back