New Parker Owner and Shipping Advice

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Offshore

Reaction score
New 2120 owner here. In fact this is my first boat.
2013. Just need to have it shipped from NJ to Southern California.
If anyone has any advice on the shipping process that would be great. I am having a new trailer built and am listing on uship. Its aboit 500 more to have it shipping on a flatbed vs just having it towed.

Sure I will see you around the boards. Great forum.
Thanks.

No expert, but that seems like it is a lot of miles on a new trailer. Personally I'd have it shipped on a flatbed for the extra cost. AI'm in So Cal to, are you going to keep your boat at a harbor or somewhere else?

I used Boats Express to ship from RI to Seattle. I bought a new trailer prior to shipping. The trailer held up well and the guys were early to drop off at the barge. I was very satisfied and you can reduce costs if your flexible with your schedule.

Just for the sake of price comparison, last summer I had my 2520XL shipped from S Fl to ME, approx 2000 mi. Cost was $3600, using their trailer.

rwp48":omq79sb0 said:
Just for the sake of price comparison, last summer I had my 2520XL shipped from S Fl to ME, approx 2000 mi. Cost was $3600, using their trailer.

That sounds about right.
Am paying 2,700 for the trailer to be pulled. It was close to 3,200 for the flatbed option.
This is on uship before their fees.

Back