New to this forum, Parker owner for 15 years

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strprswpr

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. I bought a new 23' SE back in 2003. In the process of making a deal on a new 2520 XLD. Right now I'm agonizing over the decision to go with the single 300.

Single 300 should be fine, though your dealer would be able to verify if the 350 is an option.

I will ask if 350 is an option. I was concerned with a single 300.....the boat might be a dog.

I spoke to the dealer. He just delivered a 2520 with a 350 and he was not happy with it. He recommended I stay with the single 300. He said he's sold a few in that configuration and was happy with the performance. He's trying to get me a ride on one too. The boat has to be ordered.....so I have the option to do anything at this point.

There are several guys on here that have the single 300 on the 2520 XLD's. I'm not sure how much heavier the 350's are or if the extra weight is worth the 50HP? Nobody ever says that "I wish I bought my boat with a smaller motor". I wouldn't want twins unless it couldn't be avoided but that's just me and not wanting to maintain 2 engines. LuckyJohn has a 2520XLD with a 300. Maybe he can share his experience if he reads this.

Back