New Owner of a 2001 Parker 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkahan

Reaction score
Just purchased the 2001 model 1801 and so far very happy with the ride quality and space in the bow area.

After a few hours on the water, I found myself unable to stand comfortably between the console and seat/livewell combo without getting a sore back (and sore feet). Ended up steering off to either side.
Anyone taken any steps to gain more room for there feet and body? Wondering how hard it would be to move the seat/livewell combo back about 6 inches (plumbing issues?). Also thought of maybe just making a cut-out at floor level that would give my heels a place to move into.

Also, the console windscreen is tinted/smoked. Where does one go to get a clear one?

Finally, wondering about where to get a reduced height rail (2 sections) so that the bow is open for a trolling motor.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to many hours on this website.

I know exactly what you mean. Hard to believe that more than one boat, much less more than one year class, could have left the factory with such pizz poor helm ergonomics. It's like driving a car from the passenger seat. I bought my 2000 on a trailer, needing a repower, if I had test driven it for a half hour, it might have been a deal breaker for me.

Back