Fuel Tank Capacity??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wbross1

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post. However we have owned a Parker 2520 w/Extended Cabin five years. Engine is inboard. IT IS AWESOME FOR OUR PURPOSE; running sailboat races. It belongs to Lake Norman Yacht Club; We purchased the boat for the club 5 years ago. We are near Charlotte, NC and the boat came from Massachusetts A1 Marine. Trying to find out what the Fuel tank capacity is. We were told it is 80 gallons, but when we fill it up when "Half full by the gauge," we put in about 75 gal. Something or some one is incorrect??

Welcome aboard.

In the cockpit, there are one or more deck plates or pie plates. Remove the one nearest the center of cockpit.

you should see the fuel sender unit and pickup fuel line, look for a decal from the tank vendor and will have the fuel capacity.

At same time, inspect the wiring at the fuel sender unit. All connections should be tight and clean

If you have the DVM digital volt meter, here is SOP to check it
http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/fuel_sender_testing

Brent":38kr1p15 said:
In the cockpit, there are one or more deck plates or pie plates. Remove the one nearest the center of cockpit.
you should see the fuel sender unit and pickup fuel line, look for a decal from the tank vendor and will have the fuel capacity.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

I would think the tank is more than 80? My 2120 is 100 but it is an outboard. That said, I would think it's somewhere between 100 & 150. Like said, check the pie plate for a tank tag and it should tell you. Is it a diesel? Maybe one of our 2520/2530 experts can answer this puzzle. Nice boat. I swam in lake Norman as a kid when it was a relativly new lake and before it settled out. Your swim suit would be clay red stained from the water, lol. See attached pic of what I assume is the boat in question. Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_7029.JPG
    IMG_7029.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 160
shawnee83":ooyge177 said:
I would think the tank is more than 80? My 2120 is 100 but it is an outboard. That said, I would think it's somewhere between 100 & 150. Like said, check the pie plate for a tank tag and it should tell you. Is it a diesel? Maybe one of our 2520/2530 experts can answer this puzzle. Nice boat. I swam in lake Norman as a kid when it was a relativly new lake and before it settled out. Your swim suit would be clay red stained from the water, lol. See attached pic of what I assume is the boat in question. Good luck.

Good morning! Yes that is our boat. gasoline engine. Picture came in upside down. I am new on the site. Hopefully I can rotate it. Thanks for the reply. All that red "Stuff" is on the bottom these days. We can see centerboards of the sailboats with a little bit of heel.

Yep, nice and settled out these days. Water is much prettier. I live on the west side of Winston in Lewisville and up until about 5 years ago would take day trips with the family there with my old center console boat I had. It's only about an hour towing to the Stumpy Creek Ramps via Troutman exit. I know the area well. Younger years I lived in CLT. I keep my Parker full time in Beaufort though. I would think that tank is at least 120 gallons? What year model is the boat? May help with answers?

The Parker 2520 is a 1996 issue. it is in great shape and had almost new Mercruiser w/70 hrs. engine when we purchased it.

Back