New (currently) boatless member , but searching....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mheltunen

Reaction score
Hello everyone. After selling my 1995 proline 231 which I owned for 10 years I find myself boatless. I'm located in northern Michigan on the shores of Lake Superior and regularly fish 5-50 miles offshore. After selling I had my heart set on a 228 Grady but after searching I came across Parker 2320 models and have become very intrigued with that setup. We have a relatively short season in Michigan and a pilot house style vessel would really extend my season and comfort significantly. My concern is ride and longevity. My budget restraints are going to hold me to about 25k which puts me at about a 1995-2000 model boat. The only drawback I see to the Parker vs the Grady is the "buried" fuel tank on the Parker and perhaps the ride. We see quite a bit of rough seas and 2-5' waves are common and because it's an inland body of water the waves are close together. Any thoughts or Pros/cons between the two models is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark

Megabyte":1fzbxjms said:
Close to your target budget.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17814

Gorgeous vessel! Unfortunately I need one that's trailerable as well, but the condition of the boat is impressive.

you cannot go wrong with a Parker pilot house. I keep mine on a lift at my house on the Chesapeake. as long as the water isn't frozen I go out. buy yourself a propane heater buddy that runs on 1lb bottles and stay nice and cozy

Back