My New Ride

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdorfan

Reaction score
Proud to be the new owner of a 1998 Parker 2510DV

It is in great shape for it's age and all the current systems perform well.

Have spent the last three weeks testing thinks out and making minor improvements.

Things done so far:
New anchor and rode (bruce anchor and 200' of new rode)
New vhf antenna
New 9" Garmin multifunction display and ducer to replace old Furuno stand alone fishfinder and gps
Fresh buff and wax (made a huge difference in her appearance)

Things to be done in the short term:
Permatrim and/or trim tabs (it has fins on the outdrive but with 173 gallons of gas, a full tank of bait and four big guys it takes too long to plane)
Fresh water system (for cleaning and cooking on overnights)
Inverter/house batteries(want to add a microwave for cooking on overnights
Catch hold (not sure about in deck vs. other options but would love to hear what others have done)
New graphics (this will be my fourth boat and she will carry on the tradition of fishing killing under the name of OFFICINA so the graphics will reflect that)

Longer term plans:
300 or 350 hp fourstroke (not sure if I'll add a bracket or not as I have heard pros and cons)
Tuna Tower (not sure about adding secondary steering but for sure want to be able to spot paddies, birds, etc)
Tackle storage center (Have lots of ideas from looking at how others have done it but basically want to take advantage of space on port side outside of cabin for storage/bench combo)

Have enjoyed reading posts and getting ideas and look forward to sharing her transformation as it comes together.

Tight lines and smooth seas everybody!!

Attachments

• Parker 2510.jpg
    Parker 2510.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 331
Welcome to CP. Good looking 2510. Sounds like you are well on your way with the projects. I've done several of the ones you mentioned (Permatrim, large house battery and inverter, shore power etc..) and I can possibly assist with any potential questions? Looks like you are located in CA? You can go to your profile section and put your location in along with your boat model etc.. which helps other with assistance and advise. Good luck with her!

Thanks for the suggestion on updating my profile.

I will be sure to look you up when I tackle some of the items you mentioned.

I see you are in NC.

I used to go out to the outer banks with my dad and uncles years ago.

They are all from Harrisburg, NC and we would drive out to the coast and take trucks out on to the banks via the ferry at Davis Fish Camp.

Many fond memories of catching Blues, flounder, drum, blowfish, etc in the surf there!!

Tight lines!!

Jim

Yes, the Davis Island Ferry still take the trucks out to the island (Davis Island/IKA Cape Lookout National Seashore)via Davis, NC. I Fish the south end by the cape/byte and Shackleford Banks out of Beaufort/Morehead City. It's a great place. I'm familiar with Harrisburg as I somewhat grew up in Charlotte nearby. Looking forward to seeing your projects. Not as many of the 2510's on here.

Back