Glad to be here although it does seem pretty quiet

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass2Mouth

Reaction score
Happy to be here as the owner of a new(to me) ‘05 Parker 2830. Going to be doing a bit of updating and clean up work to get her ready for the 2018 season in NY. This is for private use not charter. Looking to add a generator, heat/AC and a microwave for the family. The rest is all about fishing(new electronics, transome live well, insulated fish box cut into cockpit floor if possible, tackle storage and kill box for the cockpit. I hope to be able to gain some advice and pick the brains of a few of the longtime Parker guys on here. Thanks in advance.

@kid I tried the same as you. We settled in the middle but that was it. Even after the survey there was no more room. It surveyed well overall and I really wanted this boat so here we are.

@Steve a busy and EXPENSIVE winter for sure but I love this boat and don’t see parting with it anytime soon. I’m sure I won’t get to everything I want to do this winter but the important stuff will be addressed.

shawnee83":2iv1fkcw said:
Congrats on your new boat. Love those 2830's. Looking forward to seeing your projects. I've done the AC as well. Best of luck with her.

Thank you! I’m thrilled to have her and look forward to the project. I’ll be sure to take plenty of pics as I go. Any recommendations on the AC install? Did you do a generator as well?

I went with the Wabasto FCF 5000 BTU system. I think they also make it in a 8 & or 10K BTU system. Very good quality unit and low power draw. No gen on my 2120 as just no place to put it. I did instal an inverter that will run it in conjunction with a good 200Ah AGM and with the motor running for about 2.5 hrs or so. My only option for using a gen is one of those Honda 2000's on the deck. If using for an overnight that's what I would do. But for keeping the AC/Heat going for a ride or on way back in from offshore fishing etc... my inverter works well. With the size of your 2830 you have much better options all around. I learned a lot from my project on it so feel free to reach out when you get to it. I'm assuming that you already have a shore power system/panel? That helps save a few steps.

All great info thank you! Yes I’m wired for Shore power already and from what I can see finding a place for a generator won’t be an issue.

Back