Looking to purchase Parker 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longislandfish

Reaction score
Hello, I’m new to the forum! I have been searching high and low for a used Parker 1801 for the last few months. I missed a few good sale opportunities due to lack of funds, however after selling my previous boat I can now shop in a competitive market for Parker’s in the early to mid 2000s year models. Since Having owner a Grady White with older 2 stroke I am leaning towards a 4 stroke or etec. I have come across a rather questionable boat for sale which I haven’t yet been able to view due to work obligations. It seems as though many Parker enthusiasts have spotted this boat and all seem to know it when the “1801 from CT comes up” it has been posted up for sale since September and up till now I have been checking from time to time to see if it has been sold. The boat was listed at 12500. It’s a 2004 1801 with yammy 115 4 stroke, and according to the dealer has 500 original hours. I wanted to know if that seemed a bit low for a Parker with such Low hours and a 2004 nonetheless. The dealer gave me a little information but seems that they don’t have the pertinent information that I’m interested in knowing like compression numbers, maintenance scheduling etc. All I have been told is that the boat shows well for the year. I have an appointment to view the boat next week and am both excited and also worried my expectations are too high for such a low priced boat. I have already viewed several Parker’s and all of the hulls have been rock solid and exceptional, however none of them priced so low where it’s concerning. I happened to stumble across a post which a member Mr. Speeder surveyed the boat and mentioned he had some concerns about transom and spider cracking in gel coat. From his language, it seemed he was a bit uneasy about certain things around this boat and the price they are listing for. My question to you guys is that a fair price ? Has anyone else viewed the boat? Why is she still for sale at such a great price. This is the question that keeps me awake at night while I count the days until I am able to see her and run through the boat. Sorry for long winded post, just hoping for some expert help and opinions from any willing to share! Thanks guys

Hello LIF... sorry I didn't get back to you. This board doesn't get too much action so I don't check in often. I will PM you.

"Spider cracking" is not a big deal. Gelcoat is brittle and will sometimes crack, while the fiberglass under it is fine.
500 hours for a northeast boat is not unusual. Our season is much shorter than more southern states.

Back